What's new

Enginebay respray + parts

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Hello,

It has been a very long time since I posted anything on here regarding my car, but I am in need for your wisdom and knowledge. I want to redo the engine bay and repaint it. So I am taking everything out and I thought maybe that is a good time to change some bits. It is already stage 3, but I am sure there are things im missing, or just dont know of. I am planning on more power later on, aka cams and valves and up the boost, but thats not happening right now.

Here is my most up to date speclist http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/8006-Not-new-but-new-car!?highlight=Larsz what that doesnt mention, that the engine already has a rebuild done to it. So dont worry about pistons etc. More in the lines of uprated hoses and the likes. Oh, and some tips on getting the engine and all the other crap out is also welcome :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Well, dont worry the engine is as good as out :)

Next weekend I can haul the engine out and start working on getting everything out of the enginebay. Then starts the derusting and repainting :)

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Well everything is progressing nicely, but now the paint is on and want to rebuild everything. But since alot of clips are use-once clips, they tend to brake. Is there a handy way of replacing them? Or is that the Nissan Dealer route?

Help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
come up with a list of what you need and ill get you the P/N then just email a nissan dealer the list, if you ask them they will prob not get the right info or just wont understand that you are one about if you mention that have a S15

Reaction score
I have found some Auto Spare parts dealers have aftermarket plastic clips and body pins in packets that you can purchase..

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the responses. I have found several sets for the sort of universal push clips. Those are not the problem since I managed to save most of em. Though Im stuck with torn fender protectors and want to order new ones. I got Nissan FAST working so searching for P/N isnt much of a hassle but still many thanks Spoonman :)

Also some clips that hold the trim at the base of the front window, some clips in the engine compartment, though I cant find many of those in the manual. Got to wait a bit for the list, since I first have to put everything together to see what Im missing lol.