What's new

Help! Big problem with my Spec S

Reaction score
You may just bite the bullet mate and bring it to someone surely someone Di would help you out prob cost less in the long run

Reaction score
So had a go at the paperclip method there and it brought up 2 codes: 12 which is the Air Flow Meter, and 43 which is the Throttle Position Sensor. Now I cleared the 2 codes and started it up again, thought all was well but again as soon as she started to heat up she idled like a b*itch, didn't driver her but im assuming its no better. Went to check it again and the only code i got up was 55 and thats the 'no faults to report code' so i dunno what the **** is going on.

What about the coolant temp sensor? I'm thinking it's this cause all goes to pot as soon as the temp gauge starts to rise. Been looking it up and apparantly this sensor can cut the fuel from the fuel pump, and if its faulty then it could be doing it at the wrong time, which could be my issue.

Back to the Opel Corsa for the time being anyway :(

Reaction score
Country
when you get a coolent temp sensor, best to go to nissan or get one off someone on here (for like next to nothing), as the voltage output of aftermarket ones chances are it will give a different signal range... not hard to come by i have a couple sitting around from intake manifolds from previous things, collant temp sensors can muck with more then most people realise.... the whole my car runs fine when cold then stalls when hot normally is that sensor on any car

Reaction score
Country
DONT get a ebay chinese replacement part........ if the voltage signals are not exactly what your ecu understands for what temp, your problem will only get worse.... and how good do you think non OEM sensors like that are at being consistent or accurate, its such a low cost item even to get a good one...

Reaction score
Country
Seriously, get it on a consult type system and check all the sensor readings. Specs for these are all listed out in the EC section of the workshop manual, as is all the information you need to diagnose almost any fault.

Guessing and replacing parts on a hunch is just pissing in the wind really.

Reaction score
Problem is very few people around my area have the correct plug for the s15. I've found a mechanic who has it he thinks but he's in Australia until the end of next week so she's parked up til then. Hopefully he'll be able to sort me out

Reaction score
So i managed to get the time to get this sorted on Friday. The problem was the AFM as suspected but......... I had replaced the O2 sensor prior to this to see if that would solve the issue, and like an idiot I wired the damn thing in wrong and it was causing the ecu to think that the car was over fueling and it was cutting back on the fuel to the engine. So in trying to solve the actual problem, which was the AFM, I created another similiar problem in the O2 sensor making me think that the AFM wasn't the problem. So ya it was a bit of a cluster f**k on my own behalf. To make matters worse the mechanic reckons I've shagged the new O2 sensor by wiring it wrong as he wasn't getting a reading from it with a volt meter after wiring it properly. Chances are the one I took out was probably fine so I'm going to wire that back in for the time being as see if the fuel consumption improves, at least it was a cheap one! You live you learn I suppose!

Reaction score
Country
everyone does this kind of thing mate, its called a learning curve...... it just sucks