What's new

auto to manual conversion HELP....

Reaction score
Country
Hi i have found a s15 that i really like nice and clean but its an auto and for the price it is im not to bothered!!

but i will want to convert it at some point!!

i have found a gear box but what else would i need and would s14a parts fit?!

i have sourced pedals from australia and gear stick surround can be bought from ebay!! along with dials..

anyone ever done this conversion on an s15 any advice?!

the car is a spec s.. and its £1500 all in grade 3.5 and clean with 101000km

any help or advice on a manual conversion would be great thank you :)

Reaction score
Ok, my car started life as an auto, I bought it because it had very low K's, no sunroof and at the time pearl white was hard to find.

So, you will need apart from the gear box, drive or propeller shaft, clutch kit, clutch master cylinder, gear box mount and clutch hard lines, as you say gear surround, shifter and gear knob, new flywheel and flywheel bolts. You might like to change your diff due to the different ratios and you will need to block off the oil lines for the auto on the radiator...Hope this helps

Reaction score
Country
did you o the work your self?
that's a great help thank you i am now making a shopping list of all the parts i need and i will attempt to do it my self haha

Reaction score
I had help, a auto gearbox removal and refit is a heavy tight job, especially if you are running a 3" exhaust. You have to wire in reverse lights, you need to bridge the 2 pins in the loom in the engine bay for the neutral switch so it starts. I put in a Power FC at the same time so I'm not sure wether the Auto ECU will work effectively. You will probably have to adjust the idle as it is higher for the auto

Reaction score
Country
okay cool thanks for your help :thumbs:

as soon as i get all the parts together and the car in my possesion ill do a step by step build thread :)

thanks again

cris

Reaction score
No worries, if you get stuck just ask me I might have the right answer....BTW...its not that hard a job. If you can use a car hoist it will make it a lot easier..

Reaction score
Country
The S15 manual conversion happens ALL the time here in NZ, I've got a 4 page step by step instruction list here somewhere I could find and email to you.