What's new

Brake modification

Reaction score
Country
Ok after all the good responses to this thread, I have now a final decision to make, DB power will do a 330mm upgrade kit with discs using standard calipers for 220 and the discs the guy said they will always supply as theyre not a direct s15 fit so need light machining

OR

There is a guy ive found breaking an R34 GTT that will sell me calipers pads and discs for 120+pp. the advantage with these is i think i still might be able to use my standard 16" rims if i need to (not 100% on that though) and may need BMC but that should be straight forward to swap out.

fingers on buttons all vote now!

Reaction score
Country
I'm doing a skyline brake upgrade too. I'm just currently in the process of collecting parts. Make sure you have an R33 handbrake assembly, or are willing to modify your existing one because it won't fit.

I'm going to go for a bm50 bmc pretty soon up I'll do it all at once, not bits and pieces. That'd be a waste of brake fluid

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Its a tough choice.
I would go DB power, and rebuild your old caliper's with new seal kit from DB power, £30 for a set. I did this as I had a sticky one, and its alot better.
If you catch your caliper pistons before they seize then the chrome should be ok and pistons reusable! I had to buy 3 new ones at £17 a piston.

Either way it will be a great upgrade and better than stock!

Reaction score
Country
I've gone with the r34 brakes- 150 delivered with BMC. Leaving the tears standard for now. Need to put the rest of my money on getting her back on the road lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
will i need a 32 BMC or is the OEM one man enough?
They are exactly the same caliper so you use the standard master cylinder. The only difference is the material they are made of and the spacing from the centre of the hub.

Do yourself a favour and buy Ferodo DS2500 pads. They are a great fast road / basic track pad.

Reaction score
Country
Ah ok then that a bit of a touch! well now i have a spare BMC :)

Reaction score
Country
£200 on a set of ****ing front pads!!!! that's ridiculous, id want them made of platinum for that

Reaction score
Country
Got my r34 brakes this weekend :) decided to give them a good clean and a rebuild as they're not going to be used for a while and it will keep me busy. Does anyone know where I can get rebuild kits for these. I'm assuming s15 kits will fit too as they are the same calipers. I've looked online but can only really find stuff in the states which is not ideal.

Reaction score
Country
all nissan 4pot use the same kit as pistons are same size, its been covered on here before for PN i think Nicely posted these on JULL.UK or somewhere but search this forum you will find them

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Woah! I love EBC Yellow Stuff, which i have on my S15 all round. Iv'e used them on my Old Yaris T-Sport and Integra dc2 and i have never found a downside to them. You do need slotted discs to keep them from glazing over though, never use them on blank discs. Take a little heating up, but once they are up to temperature they are great - i have never got them to fade as much as ive tried.
Another vote for yellow stuff, really good. The compound is different from a few years ago, they used to be pants. I have had ds2500's before and I reckon they are just as good now. Only disadvantage is a bit more dust.
My experience is fast road only, not track.