What's new

stance and drifting issues...

Sair

Reaction score
Country
hi i started this thread just to know the exact experience of any of the guys here in the holy world of drifting
. i am actually trying to get 215/35r18 on 18x9 and thats much poke and stretch just to clear my fenders though im on big spacers. but can any one tell me that is it good for roughly driven drift car or you can say that daily driven drift car . there is no denying the fact that on tracks there will be no issue but on streets
. speed bump , breakers , reflectors or any other stupid things for lowered cars gonna definetly break the rims .. is it rite what i am thinking.
thats 215/35/18 18x9 dunlop

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Lolz,, was just asking , if any one here running 215/35/18 on 18x9 .. Thats it .just want know the experience ...

Reaction score
Country
I ran 35 profile tyres on my old 206gti and I damaged so many rims by hitting potholes I got shot after 3 months. Was running 225/35/17. Personally I would drop lower than 40 especially with a lot of stretch like you're running. And if you're drifting it you're increasing the chances of the tyre coming off the rim with that size tyre on those rims

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Ok.. U want say in other words to shift on 40 profile
...that means if i go 40 ,, 205/40/18 on 18x9 would be the best option..?

Reaction score
Country
Could you not stay with 215 or even 225? I know stretch looks good and everything but it's nt the securest way of keeping the tyre on the rim as you can have a blow out where the seal breaks. I think most people who drift use quite a high side wall for this reason and also because the tyres are cheaper

Reaction score
Country
If your drifting it you want more surface of the tyre in contact with the road for grip stretch looks good but too much stretch when your going lock to lock will rip tyre off

Sair

Reaction score
Country
If your drifting it you want more surface of the tyre in contact with the road for grip stretch looks good but too much stretch when your going lock to lock will rip tyre off
Brother i am talking about front wheels how could it rip off the tyre on locks..
Yes the real issue will be on potholes drain covers and the most dangerous road metal reflectors

Sair

Reaction score
Country
I ran 35 profile tyres on my old 206gti and I damaged so many rims by hitting potholes I got shot after 3 months. Was running 225/35/17. Personally I would drop lower than 40 especially with a lot of stretch like you're running. And if you're drifting it you're increasing the chances of the tyre coming off the rim with that size tyre on those rims
mate what was the "j" on 206gti rims.. And i dont think so tyres comes off the rims although rims hit the road on low profile..

Reaction score
Country
If your drifting dude you've got a lot to learn don't really think you have a clue what you mean yourself. When drifting you turn lock to lock putting pressure and strain on your front wheels it can pull them off the rim you ask for advice, well I think you have frpm what I can make out, and when we give you advice you don't listen to it

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Now mate you tell what to put on 18x9 -8 to clear my fenders and its on extreme low..

Reaction score
Country
How long before there is a fail video of an s15 totalled whilst drifting...