What's new

stance and drifting issues...

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
There is so much ****ing retardedness in this thread! ( and i know retardedness is not a word but i felt it needed to be made up for this)

This whole drift / stance thing really ****ing annoys me!!! I studied Motorsport engineering in university and now design jaguars. I also drift and compete. Does my car have stupid minimalistic arch clearance and is 2mm off the ground? ..................... does any pro drift car.... or formula D car.......

NO because it will make your car handle ****. Your wheels are meant to travel up and down FACT! Roll centre is there for a reason FACT....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Brother i am talking about front wheels how could it rip off the tyre on locks..
Yes the real issue will be on potholes drain covers and the most dangerous road metal reflectors
WTF!!!!!

TO DRIFT YOU NEED GRIP!! correction to drift fast and well you need grip.

your tyres can easily pop off the rims especially if they are stretched. Its happened to me with brand new 235 stretched onto a 9.5 j rim. I initiated for a corner at silverstone doing 80MPH and the tyres pulled off the rims causing me to rip my back bumper off and spin out.

Pick one:

Sick stance - down with the kids but will make you under steer into a wall.

Lowered veh with correct camber / castor and ride hight that will actually drift well.

Reaction score
Country
It demoralises me that this joker owns an s15. So much good advice and it's all wasted and I think tooley has blown a gasket :p

tooley

Reaction score
Country
I do oppologise had a really **** day at work so kinda used that as a venting mission

But on a serious note if you want a stance car then that's fine just don't expect it to drift well.

Reaction score
Country
I'm a little disappointed by some of the replies in this thread. It's not a good advert for an otherwise nice community/forum.

Reaction score
Country
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. It isn't rocket science knowing that stretched tyres and drifting don't go well together.

Reaction score
Country
I think it was more his attitude than the genre of question tbh, questions are easy only if you know the answers