What's new

DC2 Recaros in an S15

Reaction score
Country
Despite still not having the car back on the road, i keep trolling the net and finding new things (and usually expensive things) and ideas to do to the Silvia, my next plan is to maybe put some DC2 Recaros in, Ive done some reading on here and SXOC and it seems that the best setup is buying bride seat rails and modifying them. the only issue i have is that most of the threads I've read are from 2006 ish so was wondering if any current members have done this conversion or know any more about doing it.

My welding skills are pretty good so I'm not afraid of cutting and shutting to make them fit :)

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I have them in mine.

The current rails were home made and a total ball ache. Hence I've a set of Juran seat rails ready to go in which are the correct Recaro SR2 pattern. Bride are the same as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
Country
how much modifying will those rails you mentioned take to fit in the 15? I assume just repositioning mounting points to the floor?

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I'll tell you after this weekend. They are rails for SR2 Recaros and should be a direct fit. From unboxing them, they look as if everything has mounting points where they should

Reaction score
Country
Some bride rails are a direct fit also. Heard that the juran rails are decent also. I've fitted some evo recaro's on to a bride rail which I got for a decent price on sxoc.

Reaction score
Which bride rails you using I've got evo 8 recaros to go in mine and I'm told it's the MO type.

Reaction score
I've brought bride rails to put my evo8 recaros in if anyone's interested I'll put up the details when they arrive from Japan.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I still haven't fitted my rails. Held off as I wasn't overly sold on red recaros but have done dang all to get a set in a different colour or get them retrimmed.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Do the Evo seats have the normal Recaro recliners to allow access to the back seats? That colour of Recaro looks smart and matches the OEM Silvia very well.

Reaction score
Access to the back seats is a pain in the ass but tbh who cares haha. Mine are from an evo 8 too

Reaction score
Cess sell the honda seats for silly money and buy evo seats for cheap ;) you just lose some back seat access haha

Reaction score
Of course haha just don't buy the 260 evo seats..... Unless you got a fat ass!