What's new

Wheels don't fit :(

Reaction score
Country
Just received my new wheels today (Cosmis XT-206R) in fitment 18x9.5J +10. The rears go on fine however the fronts don't clear the callipers :( I didn't even think this would be an issue do to moving up from 17x7.5J +30 on the fronts! It may be due to the concave design of the wheel. What will i have to do to fit these wheels; if still possible! Picture of said wheels below!

Reaction score
Country
The callipers seemed to protude a fair amount.. I'll have to try and get a measurement. Hopefully it's nothing too great or i'll be into - offsets!

Reaction score
Country
Due to the concave design, i've been thinking, the caliper may need to move further away from the centre of the wheel. Maybe some bigger discs or a new brake set up at the front? This will then save me from spacing the wheel out too much!

Reaction score
Country
DB power are having a clear out on sxoc and they have bigger disk and adaptor plate kits going cheap iirc.. How much will it need to get them to clear? You definitely don't want to be running spacers up front with these rims Jim!

Reaction score
Country
I've seen that clear out list Parky but haven't got the funds at the minute.. All of this will need to wait until after my next trip to ze desert. I'm not sure; going to test them again on thursday and try and get a measurement of how far they're off. I will be avoiding spaces at all cost if i can! I may invest in a R33 GTR brake set up. Bigger discs will puh the caliper further into the wheel then i may only need a 5mm spacer or something!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it sucks. I had the same thing when I first trial fitted the ssr rims on mine. Calipers! ****! Big brakes will be a good upgrade anyway so this is a half decent excuse to sort them too