What's new

Lag or??

Reaction score
Country
So if I put my foot down slowly it pulls fine but if I go straight down it still goes along but takes a while for the turbo to come in. I'm guessing this is lag? Running around 14 psi and have a big intercooler and hard pipe kit.
Am I right?
Oh also the turbo is basically a few months old so that isn't the problem.

Reaction score
Country
with turbo cars compared to NA or superchaged think of it as Turbos build power others are just at there power level from the get go

Reaction score
Country
garrett t28r .roller bearing.

no boost controller yet.looking into getting one very soon as ino its better than the other "mod" i have.plus obviously a good map will help .

Reaction score
Country
when running a t28 go with factory size hot pipe and 63mm cold, a quality waste gate actuator like a HKS one or other Japanese made ones to help hold it closed until desired boost, then fine tune you desired duty cycle (EBC) with a boost controller that adjusts gain, response that sort of thing, im still running the factory turbo and I get 18psi from 3-4

Reaction score
Country
Also what's the best boost controller to get these days for a 15?they hard to fit? Obviously some tuning places charge a arm and a leg for fitting them.

Reaction score
Country
they aren't hard to fit

ignition on power wires.
Boost source for controller
split the hose from turbo to actuator add put in the control solenoid

then mount the controller where you want

just dont buy a cheap one its not worth it, a second hand HKS or greedy is a good option if your a tight arse

Reaction score
Country
i wont get a cheap one.you get what you pay for these days .cheap is never good.

and certain types of hks or greedy?

John-

Reaction score
Country
I'd say the most common/user friendly is the Greddy profec b spec 2. Easy to use and can be picked up relatively cheaply.

Reaction score
I have been using a Blitz DSBC for 6 years and cannot fault it. Holds boost perfectly, never overboosts and can have 4 preset boost settings