What's new

dump valve noise and chatter :S

Reaction score
Country
so late last year i changed over all my clips on my boost pipes to slurry clips and it has made a dramatic change to how it drives. on idle it isnt as lumpy anymore and just seems smoother while driving.but i have noticed the dump valve dumps and it also chatters when changing gear or letting off etc.anyone know why this could be?as nice as it sounds but it seemed to pull better when it was just the dump noise.
also all the clips are done up nice and tight.
cheers

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So this is a recent change?

Have you changed anything? And are you experiencing lower boost levels?

What dump valve setup do you have?

Need more info really!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah past few months. No change to anything just put better clips on so there tighter. No change in boost at all. I have a hks atmospheric dump valve. Just don't see how changing clips can make a dump valve either not work or half work but chatter too. Really odd

Reaction score
Country
By dump valve you do mean blow off valve, right?

If yes, where does the silicone tube connected to the BOV go? Where is the other end plugged in?

Reaction score
Country
thats where its always been and it was fine for years until i changed all the clips i just dont get it.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It's probably to do with the fact that now you have NO boost leaks its pushing the excess pressure back through the air filter instead of out through the leaking pipes. So now you've got abit of chatter.

Mine does it and so will most.

Reaction score
Country
Mine chatters at low boost/light acceleration & when I open up the throttle I just get BOV pssshhh.

Reaction score
Country
oh thats ok then.yeah true makes sense i guess.yeah sorry dude i was in a rush wasnt thinking straight yeah has a vacuum source.

Reaction score
Country
Mine chatters at low boost/light acceleration & when I open up the throttle I just get BOV pssshhh.
yeah mine used to do exactly that.but since putting these tighter clips on it now does both.was worried cus never heard another car do it.but its all good i guess :)

S

stacky

It's probably to do with the fact that now you have NO boost leaks its pushing the excess pressure back through the air filter instead of out through the leaking pipes. So now you've got abit of chatter.

Mine does it and so will most.
this