What's new

clutch pedal adjustment

Reaction score
Country
Hi lads I fitted a new clutch and now it engages as soon as you depress it my foot only off the floor . Then at the top of the pedal there is a about a inch and a half of play. Does anyone know how to adjust the pedal out a bit. Cheers

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
What s15? And what did you replace? And what kit?

Sounds like you may have the wrong clutch in it, or clutch needs bleeding!

Reaction score
Country
To adjust the bite point.

Under the dash you will see a fork coming through the firewall to the clutch pedal, remove the split pin and then remove the pivot pin, at this stage you will most likely have to unbolt the clutch master off the firewall from the engine bay side as its just too much of a pain in the arse to adjust the fork length from under the dash with it bolted up. What you have to do is adjust the fork postion on the rod (wind it out or in) to alter the clutch bite point on the clutch pedal. If its biting right at the floor then you need to lengthen the fork by approx 3 - 4 thread turns, but this is up to you too decide where you want your clutch to bite and its going to be different from clutch to clutch... i have mine about 10% - 15% of the pedals travel off the floor. the service manual will say put it at a certain spot, however when you run a heavy small inertia clutch, just off the floor is best, but high enough to ensure its fully engaged once you lift you foot off.

To adjust free play:
There is a bolt which is very easy to adjust which alters the height that the pedal can come up, its just a case of undoing the lock nut then winding the bolt (in normally) to reduce the amount of free play, in some cases removing the lock nut and putting it on the other side of the pedal arm will give you more adjustment, or a longer bolt.

if you get stuck just flick me a PM and ill talk you through it step by step, also get yourself a nice (human back sized) piece of foam to put on foot well for you to lie on

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers spoonman I will give that a go if I have any bother I will indeed drop you a pm cheers again.

Reaction score
Country
going from a stock or even a slight upgrade clutch to any clutch thats a 400hp + capable type of thing is not going to be anywhere as soft or long as a stock item, it all happens faster and harder so therefor a different clutch pedal postion is going to be required.