Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Reaction score
i know collars can be fitted without removing the subframe. Think these are what i'm gonna get myself.

think pineapples are the same thing, but just polly, from whiteline.

sure someone else will confirm for deff' soon enough though! :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pineapples are rings which fit ON TOP of the existing bushes. They are flexible and can be setup for two different suspension settings.

Collars fit AROUND the existing bushes and are solid and effectively lock the subframe.

Both can be fitted without removing the subframe. The collars will transmit more diff noise.

I've got Pineapples, but haven't got round to fitting them yet... :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Dazz0i said:
i know collars can be fitted without removing the subframe. Think these are what i'm gonna get myself.

think pineapples are the same thing, but just polly, from whiteline.

sure someone else will confirm for deff' soon enough though! :)
I think it's only the "C-type" (see my link) collars which can be fitted without removing the subframe.

I have no idea where the pinaple rings go. The same place?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
The subframe is lowered, but not removed. There's a 'how to' for Pineapples on SXOC.
OK thanks.
So the pineapple rings are merely spacers while the collars are spacers and makes the stock bushing flex less?

If I wanted to mount the rings setup for "maximum traction" or "drift" wouldn't the subframe need to come off?

EDIT The pineaple ring kit apparently comes with "C-style" rings so it can be fitted without removing the subframe :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No. The collars lock the bushes. No movement. The pineapples stiffen the bushes considerably, but there is still some flex.

Yep, the pineapples have a cut to allow collar style fitting :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Which do I choose then.

I'm I right when I say that the collars are better performance wise (and also cheaper compared to whiteline pineapples) and the pinapple rings offer better performance, but not as good as the collars, but they are more comfy and easier to fit.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They are both the same to fit.

And, yes, one will be more comfortable than the other (though I'm not in a position to say by how much) and one will be noisier than the other.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
They are both the same to fit.

And, yes, one will be more comfortable than the other (though I'm not in a position to say by how much) and one will be noisier than the other.
Are you happy with your pineapple rings?
Did they reduce axle tramp and give a tighter feel to the rear?

Reaction score
i'll opt for collars i think, firstly cheaper... and.... it's not like i'm bothered by noise/comfort...

coilovers aren't really the best option to take on the comfort factor of things! LOL

M

mongoose

I fitted kazama rigid collars recently - definitely improved rear traction, rear end much more predictable under power, but for me at least there was increased noise/vibration that could be felt from the transmission. Esp. when you don't clutch well during gear shifts, that "clunk" is so much louder!

For the pineapples with a cut, I've heard of them to 'open' up under stress, thus popping out of position, and so some ppl go as far as to band them with stainless steel ties (like those used for thermal wraps).

The top-bottom spacers lock up the subframe bushings better than the pineapples. If it's rear traction you want then they would be suitable IMO. The drifters seem to be using the pineapples to tweak their rear suspension geometry. E.g. fitting thicker pineapples for the rear 2 subframe bushings increases anti-squat and allows easier throw for the rear end..

Reaction score
i've just ordered C-collars from Apex, ?48 delivered... we'll see how these do! :)

the collars fit above, and below the bushings.... (give away that there's 8 collars pictured, and only 4 subframe bushes! :))

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Dazz0i said:
i've just ordered C-collars from Apex, ?48 delivered... we'll see how these do! :)

the collars fit above, and below the bushings.... (give away that there's 8 collars pictured, and only 4 subframe bushes! :))
Look in the useful threads section for fitting instructions :)

Reaction score
apparently mine will come with "full colour comprehensive instructions" according to the website... so.... we'll see how it all goes! :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've had the Apex ones fitted for a while now, i noticed the noise and gear change clunk more, but other than that no improvements to note.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
I've had the Apex ones fitted for a while now, i noticed the noise and gear change clunk more, but other than that no improvements to note.
Pineapple rings or locking collars?
People on the SXOC seem to rate both items high.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
how good are these as ive been hearing good things but are they worth the money
I hope that these will reduce "axle tramp" which I get sometimes when I launch hard.
Hopefully, it will stiffen up the subframe so you don't get that feeling of loss of traction when the tires are still gripping. The fact that I've been running 255's on 8J rims in the rear might have something to do with that feeling too. But stiffer is better :)

As long as you are prepared to live with the extra noise i don't see any downsides.