What's new

Brake upgrade question

Reaction score
Country
and in case you were going to ask about the Z32 BM57.......... they work fine on the R33 /R34 calipers front and rear (4pot/2pot) will lock the fronts first everytime only problem is that the pressure the BM57 generates is enough to overcome the ABS and will still lock the tires in the dry at 100kph if you stand on the pedal... personally i think the 57 is they way to go but a 50 will work perfectly fine all the same

Reaction score
The BM57 is what everyone uses here if they upgrade to GTR brakes. Good pedal feel, brake bias is spot on and straight bolt on with the ABS..

Reaction score
Country
Pfft man people talk some **** in other forums about stuff like this. Cheers for the info then

Reaction score
Country
all of us at some stage are guilty of reading something on a forum and repeating it like its gospel.......... but once you figure stuff out for yourself you see just how much crap gets spread.

Reaction score
Country
Hence the questions. I'd rather get someone answer me direct than read someone's BS elsewhere. Measure twice cut once in a way

Reaction score
Country
I had a question that fits this topic..
What would be the best rear brake upgrade for Spec S?
Straight on swap, no difficult changes to make and I prefer not too chance the handbrake lines and drums..

Reaction score
Country
None worthwhile I'm aware of. I just got my brakes done and your lower end of worthwhileness is gtr brakes. Anything easier will either cost a LOT or not help your braking at all.

Reaction score
Country
skyline rear brakes are a straight swap Calipers, Discs, Drum hand brake assembly & hand brake cables, it all swaps straight on, our hubs even have the hole in them to locate the drum hand brake from a skyline, but if you were looking to undo two bolts from the caliper and just bolt up some other calipers then no, just run really good pads.

Reaction score
Country
Or maybe gtr rotors and offset brackets (aka dogbones) with some really good pads for the rear? A lot of effort to go to to avoid the handbrake assembly though. May as well bite the bullet

Reaction score
As been said, on a Spec S, good pads, slotted rotors, quality brake fluid and even a BMC stopper will give you better brake feel..

Reaction score
Country
Or maybe gtr rotors and offset brackets (aka dogbones) with some really good pads for the rear? A lot of effort to go to to avoid the handbrake assembly though. May as well bite the bullet
its not that hard "ayee bro" you just need nore then a powerbuilt socket and spanner set

Reaction score
Country
its not that hard "ayee bro" you just need nore then a powerbuilt socket and spanner set
Lol and to not cut your hand open at work. Was such a let down to need stitches right when I was about to crack into it

Reaction score
Country
Aight thanks for the info, I'll just go for some upagraded brake discs and pads, oil and another BMC, which BMC is the one to go for? Z32 seems good I've heard.