What's new

Brake upgrade question

Reaction score
It will give you a better peddle feel then the stock BMC and improve the brake bias which goes out of wack with the upgraded calipers and tends to put more braking to the rears.

Reaction score
Country
Hmm alright I'll keep that in mind. Are there any Nissan bolt ons (I'm looking at you, gtr's) that'll put it right? Not too much technical nouse on this end. I'm fine with bolt ons

Reaction score
Country
yes bolt on

you will have to get under the dash and remove the locating pin (after locating pins split pin) then remove the 4bolts holding the booster on from the inside (swivel socket joints needed), remove the two brake lines and wiggle it out,master & booster as one or if you are a pussy remove the master off the booster, slightly tight but it comes out. New one goes in, in the reverse of what i just said.
if you are really stuck just bring the whole lot down to te aroha and ill install the whole lot for a box piss (largest box of corona)

EDIT: What the hell, too tired need sleep, i just drifted from brakes to clutch pedal adjustment......... edited

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Haha mean sounds like a plan. I'll probably get all the rotors planed and sorted and then look at master cylinders. They won't be going in for a while I think. This is gonna be a poor year lol

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Haha mean sounds like a plan. I'll probably get all the rotors planed and sorted and then look at master cylinders. They won't be going in for a while I think. This is gonna be a poor year lol

Their not called ROTOR's!!! They are called brake discs!

Reaction score
Country
Their not called ROTOR's!!! They are called brake discs!
us red neck kiwis call them rotor's!!, we are not all upper class Ferrari mechanics like you mate.. :) when you come to visit down here rotors are also a brand of wheel & engines that power cool mazda's .... as far as we are concerned its all the same pronunciation...

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I always thought you guys all used to have British charm and sophistication (well maybe not) but you've all gone American!

Only reason i say is My Australian cousins came over before Xmas, and they call Australian dollars "bucks" and say trash etc! Too many Americanism's for my liking! :) now you guys call car stuff like them too. (Prob been like that for ages)

do you call the bonnet the "hood"? or the boot the "trunk"? Ha ha.

Reaction score
Country
Depends on the day of the week really. If you hear someone say something enough times on TV, it turns into a normal word lol

Reaction score
No we still call it the bonnet and boot, but we call *cough* front wings, guards, spats are pods and Aussie's real men, not gentlemen...

Reaction score
Country
Own thread revival.

Will an r34 bmc bolt straight on? I read the brake bias is different even though they're both bm50s so it's better to have a skyline bmc

Reaction score
Country
Own thread revival.

Will an r34 bmc bolt straight on? I read the brake bias is different even though they're both bm50s so it's better to have a skyline bmc
yep will bolt on .
I used to think there was a difference in the bias but ive had a R34 BM50 and a S15 BM50 apart with all the bits out on a bench and there is no difference, the booster will be slightly different to give a better pedal feel, some skyline BMC's had different reservoirs but they are interchangeable, so as to have the correct plug fitting to tell when your brake fluid is low, but i think R34 had the same tank as S15