What's new

First mods advice

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey everyone, I been looking at mods and I'm not sure what is the best starter mods, I'm torn between intercooler and intake or full exhaust and manifold. what are your opinions?

Or is there different mods I should start with?

Reaction score
Country
That's a tough one.
I'd go with Full exhaust and manifold first :D

You have to be careful with a front mount, you may have to lose the fogs and grills in the aero bumper to fit it and some cutting will need to be done.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
That's a tough one.
I'd go with Full exhaust and manifold first :D

You have to be careful with a front mount, you may have to lose the fogs and grills in the aero bumper to fit it and some cutting will need to be done.
Have you done it and managed to keep your lights? Any idea on gains on both mods?

Reaction score
Country
I haven't done it, I believe the Autobahn88 FMIC will fit and you get to keep fogs apparently but you will need a micra battery and extensions for the terminals so you can cut a hole in the battery tray for the pipe, I have also heard the Blitz FMIC can fit without losing the fogs but I can't confirm that.

I have no idea of the gains for these mods though. :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Full exhaust and intake would be good, breathing mods always release good power. Fmic is also a good option but personally would change this after . My car was mappe at nismo jp to 1.2 bar on the standard wmic, it ran perfectly probably not the safest but..... as for the autobahn kit I found it to be very good, don't have a standard bumper so can't comment in the fog lights but have heard it fits without affecting them.
Another thing to do is upgrade the plugs, only cheap but a good idea to get some 7 or 8's

Last edited:

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I'm looking at maybe greedy or japspeed fmic anyone got comments on them?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Rough idea of power gains for different levels of tuning
Stage 1a - 270-290bhp
Free flow air filter
Free flow exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
Boost controller to achieve 1.0-1.1 boost pressure
Front mount intercooler
Cooler spark plugs
Super unleaded fuel
Custom ECU remap

Stage 2 - 280-300bhp
Free flow air filter
Free flow exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
Boost controller to acheive 1.1-1.2 bar boost pressure
Front mount intercooler
Cooler spark plugs
Super unleaded fuel
Custom ECU remap

Stage 2a - 290-320bhp
Free flow air filter
Free flow exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
Boost controller to acheive 1.2-1.3 bar boost pressure
Front mount intercooler
Tubular manifold and uprated turbo elbow
Uprated dump valve
Cooler spark plugs
Super unleaded fuel
Custom ECU remap

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Greddy are meant to be good, heard bad things about some of the older japspeed fmic regarding fitment

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I done the front mount first with a blitz bov at the same time on my s14a, i needed to ditch the the fogs, and the standard airbox as the IC pipes were too big to go past the box.

If i had to start again i would go air filter and turbo back exhaust first and if you're going to get a manifold at anypoint i would do that aswell so you are not always under the car replacing one part of the exhaust at time, just get it all on in one go.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
thank everyone for the advice im going to look into it and see whats around when my car arrives

Reaction score
Country
Don't get a japspeed fmic, tbh I would steer clear of there stuff as well as a lot of the 2fast2cool etc stuff on ebay. Fuel pump, exhaust and new spark plugs would be my first mods. Worth checking the brake calipers are working as they should and the disks and pads are in good condition also before upping the power too much, the standard rears are rubbish at the best of times.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Don't get a japspeed fmic, tbh I would steer clear of there stuff as well as a lot of the 2fast2cool etc stuff on ebay. Fuel pump, exhaust and new spark plugs would be my first mods. Worth checking the brake calipers are working as they should and the disks and pads are in good condition also before upping the power too much, the standard rears are rubbish at the best of times.
any particular reason for avoiding japspeed fmic? yeah my plan is to do a full service and check over the car once i had it and replace anything that i feel needs to be. ive had nissan on the phone priceing up alot of things like belts and pulleys and stuff just in case

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
generally japspeed is cheap Chinese eBay type parts.

But to be fair to them they have great customer support and alot of their stuff is ok now. Longevity quality is their weakness. But I've had japspeed steering arms and anti bump steer track rod ends for over 2 years and they are still ok! (I keep them clean and greased) and also after 8months I had new anti bump steer track rod ends under warranty.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
generally japspeed is cheap Chinese eBay type parts.

But to be fair to them they have great customer support and alot of their stuff is ok now. Longevity quality is their weakness. But I've had japspeed steering arms and anti bump steer track rod ends for over 2 years and they are still ok! (I keep them clean and greased) and also after 8months I had new anti bump steer track rod ends under warranty.
i suppose thats a bonus, you have the warranty to be honest with you i was looking at getting manifold, elbow, maybe down pipe and possibly intercooler (im stuck between greddy or japspeed) more for the price if anything i think they are both rated to 600bhp or something like that

Reaction score
Country
I've had fitment issues with everything I've tried to fit from japspeed. The parts are cheap after all. Their customer service is good but I'd prefer a better kit in the first place tbh.

Reaction score
Country
I can second what Chris is saying, I also had fitment issues with Japspeed exhaust parts, the gearbox downpipe mount was miles out and it hung down way too low, and the decat was too short. If you can get a decent used H-Dev manifold go for one of those, usually go for between 85-100 and the come up every now and again. Join up on the SXOC and Driftworks forums as well as there is a lot more decent kit for sale on there more often.

Reaction score
Country
I can second what Chris is saying, I also had fitment issues with Japspeed exhaust parts, the gearbox downpipe mount was miles out and it hung down way too low, and the decat was too short. If you can get a decent used H-Dev manifold go for one of those, usually go for between 85-100 and the come up every now and again. Join up on the SXOC and Driftworks forums as well as there is a lot more decent kit for sale on there more often.
:annoyed:............................................... lol-d