What's new

RH FR strut clunking.

Reaction score
Country
Anyone give me an idea of what is up with it, sounds like the spring is rotating with the steering.
[video]http://s3.photobucket.com/user/AgtX2003/media/VIDEO0006.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0[/video]

It got an advisory on the MOT for the left absorber, while it was jacked up & i was watching up top, when he put a crowbar under the wheel & pushed up it raised up in the top mount, any ideas on that?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Do you have standard Shocks or coilovers fitted?

Sounds like a typical case of the spring not being seated properly on the shock. check that it is seated proper and also check the nut on top to make sure its not loose

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they are coilovers. I find the steering tends to pull to one side (can be left or right) when I first drive off but straightens out after a few turns too.

Reaction score
Could be the pillow ball at the top of the strut. The spherical bearing might have collapsed..

Check your steering rack as well

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you can get spherical bearings for them then they can be refurbished, I looked into here in Auss and they where going to cost me nearly 3/4 of the cost of a new set of Cusco camber tops so I brought new ones