What's new

Front fiberglass bumper x FMIC

Reaction score
Country
Hi, im getting cracks in the paint & I now have an actual crack in the fiberglass on my front bumper, its got zero support at the bottom. The FMIC is a few mm from the bumper, what I want to know is if I put small bits of foam/rubber between the bumper & the intercooler so the bumper is supported by the FMIC & foam/rubber would it help stop anymore damage by stopping flex?

The intercooler doesn't seem to get very hot, I don't tend to drive it like I stole it.

Any advice or other ideas to stop the bumpers self destruction appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
I think you'd be better off reinforcing the bumper with more fiberglass if i'm honest. Even the best fiber glass bumpers crack eventually :(

Reaction score
This is the problem with FPR, it cracks or breaks with movement or pressure...that's why plastic is the best option..

Reaction score
Country
Yes but finding anything plastic is proving difficult. Ive been looking for an aero one to replace the copy. Considering all I can find is fiberglass copies, they must be popular but I cant understand why.

Reaction score
Country
Maybe getting a fiberglass one & reinforcing it up etc & keep the current one for emergencies & fix it up... rather find a plastic one though.