What's new

Wheel bearing replacement advice

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Made a long journey over Christmas and I think one of the wheel bearings on my new S15 Spec-S is faulty. Whining/Droning noise whilst driving. I haven't located which wheel it is affected as from inside the car its not clear.

Anyone had experience of sourcing one and installing the replacement?

Thanks, Blinx :wave:

130r

i have my rear bearing changed about 2 months ago.
installation is stright forward. need a puller to remove the drive shaft fromt he knuckle.

bearing part no for spec-r rear bearing 4310-AA100, not sure whether it is same part no for spec-s.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You need to cross-reference the PN for the Spec S bearing to see if its the same as the Spec R and S14 :) If its the same, get it from Nissan. If you can wait a week or two, get it half price from Perfectrun :thumbs:

Reaction score
Hello fellow S15 owners!

After checking the wheels on the front of the vehicle there is play on the nearside wheel assembly (left or right hand side?). This indicates a wheel bearing problem and needs to be replaced.

Before I go ahead and order one can you check the attached diagram below and confirm the part number that I need.

Those who have access and can use FAST can you do a double check for me and if it matches an S14(a) one?

Many thanks in advance,

Blinx :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There are three different part numbers for the S14/a. Luckily, the latest one is the same (09/1998 onwards) :)

40200-5L310
HUB ASSY-ROAD WHEEL FRONT RH

Don't worry about the RH bit. It lists two per vehicle, so they've got to be the same both sides :)

Reaction score
Thanks Nicely,

So if I need to get Nissan to do it here in the UK I need to quote the following?

40200-5L310
HUB ASSY-ROAD WHEEL FRONT RH

When I looked at FAST I thought it was the HUB Assembly 40202. So is then bearing part of the diagram 40015(LH)?

Not quite clear and would welcome clarification before I contact Perfectrun or go via Nissan UK. The noise is increasing.

Thanks,

Blinx

Reaction score
An update on the wheel bearing scenario:

Had the Front N/S part fitted today supplied by Nissan GB. ?141 for the part and it only took a really good local auto engineer firm 45 minutes from start to finish.

They noted that the Front O/S wheel bearing is going as well. That's typical! However, for a car that's only done 50K it is surprising. They also noted that the grease/dust caps of both front hub assemblies were missing which would suggest previous work has been done. The grease/dust caps are on order.

The great thing is I have a spare front wheel assembly that I ordered from Perfectrun. Same part from them only ?100 including shipping from Japan.

So the car is booked in to have the other one done.

Will take a picture of the wheel bearing hub assembly and post it up for you guys to see. Its quite a piece of hardware.