What's new

Wobbily gear stick, is this normal?

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
As the title says, the gear stick in my Spec S S15 feels very loose when in neutral and when in gear it still has alot of play!

Iv always noticed it but I have no problem selecting gear so never took notice. Is this common in S15's?

Just recently tried fitting a gear stick surround and it would not fit without the gear stick hitting it so looking for someone to shed light on the subject!!

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Mine is nice and tight. On the other hand, my friends S14 shifter is kind of loose/vague and it rattles too.

Reaction score
Country
Mine has some play, Is there anywhere to get these parts in the UK or Europe? Don't fancy paying more for shipping and import than the items are worth:D

Reaction score
Country
I used to have a wobbly gear stick (5 speed gearbox). It was the teflon bushing which was missing, after i reinstalled a new one it was like new again. :)

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Thanks for the feedback, this is an easy fix for me as i work with teflon material day to day so i'll get a bushing made up :)

And as RagamuffinRyan said, is there any spring kits sold more local than Australia?

Reaction score
Country
"dont or you cant be a pussy your whole life" is my line for 2013, I tell Auss15 that weekly...... i say use it in your daily life when someone says something, hell tell the wife when she cant or wont do something

Think you mean Tight ;), but thanks for the part number :)

Reaction score
Country
"dont or you cant be a pussy your whole life" is my line for 2013, I tell Auss15 that weekly...... i say use it in your daily life when someone says something, hell tell the wife when she cant or wont do something
Haha, I didn't take offence to it mate :) But I am tight and import duty is a nightmare of mine :D I've noted the part number for future Nissan dealer visits.