What's new

Someone please stop my confussion

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
Hi all

Just about getting round to fit my FMIC on the weekend :thumbs: Only problem i have is whats the best to run for the engine.

Basically i want to aim for a stage 1a/2 on the S15. want to run a safe 1bar of boost and maz 1.1bar

Whats best to do on the recirc side of things?

Run the stock recirc, can this be plumbed in with the fmic?

Im sure ive read somewhere it will start leaking over 1bar.

Dont want to run a dumpvalve as that just more problems, so can i run buy an uprated recirc, where from? which ones best?

Im a huge worrier that im gonna wreck things :cry:

Reaction score
Country
The standard recirc can be modified quite simply to stop it leaking. You should also be able to plumb it in to the fmic without too much hassle.

MRI believe h-dev sold an uprated one but can't comment on how good it is.

I run without a bov at all as I like the chatter :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
The standard recirc can be modified quite simply to stop it leaking. You should also be able to plumb it in to the fmic without too much hassle.

MRI believe h-dev sold an uprated one but can't comment on how good it is.

I run without a bov at all as I like the chatter :D
Doest that stall the turbo, wearing everything faster ect?

Reaction score
Country
There is lots of different options. But because i run this, i will recommend it.
A mushimoto tube and fin intercooler. I run a 600 x 300 x 76. With 3inch tank ends.
As for piping, sometimes its best to get custom piping done. If you dont have that available, then check out the regular ebay shops for piping kits.
It all depends on the BOV you are running and the silicone joining hoses you have.
There are many variables but its best to have good linkages and a good efficient core.

Hope it all works out for you.

Reaction score
What ever you run wether stock BOV or aftermarket, just make sure you re circulate the vented return air, as it will muck with your AFR's as it is a MAF setup and measures the returned air.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I run a forge uprated recirc valve does the job very well , can also buy a set of springs to adjust it for different boost levels , sounds nice too ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
There is lots of different options. But because i run this, i will recommend it.
A mushimoto tube and fin intercooler. I run a 600 x 300 x 76. With 3inch tank ends.
As for piping, sometimes its best to get custom piping done. If you dont have that available, then check out the regular ebay shops for piping kits.
It all depends on the BOV you are running and the silicone joining hoses you have.
There are many variables but its best to have good linkages and a good efficient core.

Hope it all works out for you.
Ive got an Autobahn88 FMIC Kit, that will do the job i want for decent money. I just want the car to run perfect without destroy the Air/fuel ect.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Or to be more jdm buy an hks ssqv, with the recirc adaptor. :)

basically I run an hks ssqv BOV recirculated back into my intake, using one aftermarket pipe and the original piping. You still get awesome turbo chatter but such better throttle response.

So in short, buy a recirculating dump valve, fit the FMIC, fit the BOV to the intercooler piping then connect some pipes so it goes back into your intake pipe work. And you will be ok!

But make sure you get it remapped if running over .9bar, and get a walbro fuel pump fitted too.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
Or to be more jdm buy an hks ssqv, with the recirc adaptor. :)

basically I run an hks ssqv BOV recirculated back into my intake, using one aftermarket pipe and the original piping. You still get awesome turbo chatter but such better throttle response.

So in short, buy a recirculating dump valve, fit the FMIC, fit the BOV to the intercooler piping then connect some pipes so it goes back into your intake pipe work. And you will be ok!

But make sure you get it remapped if running over .9bar, and get a walbro fuel pump fitted too.
Ive heard of these HKS ssqv bov kit but where can i buy one? what size pipe do i need though (aftermarket pipe you talk of)

Ill be running it on stock boost for a bit, while i collect, Elbow, Mani, Downpipe, Walbro and a Map, should i buy some bigger injectors too?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you see a new HKS one dead cheap on ebay for instance its a fake! Make sure to buy from a reputable company.
I use a recirced HKS too.

Reaction score
Country
480 injectors will be pretty much at 100% duty if you try to map for 1.2bar 1.0bar on 480cc is a safe bet, if you like your injectors you really need to be at least 550 with 1+ kind of boost just to have a reasonable duty cycle, SAMs right BELOW 1.2 with 480's. Nismo 740's at 1.2-1.3 will only see about 55-60%, 550's if i remember rightly is around 80-85%

Injectors not needed if you you want to stay below 1.2 bar.

The tubing is 25mm internal diameter. Just some reinforced silicone pipe should work.

So an hks ssqv is not cheap, but its the best. Can be bought here http://www.frsport.com/S14-SR20DET-Super-Sequential-Blow-Off-Valve-Kit-SSQV3_p_15486.html

Its prob as much as your whole fmic.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
Injectors not needed if you you want to stay below 1.2 bar.

The tubing is 25mm internal diameter. Just some reinforced silicone pipe should work.

So an hks ssqv is not cheap, but its the best. Can be bought here http://www.frsport.com/S14-SR20DET-Super-Sequential-Blow-Off-Valve-Kit-SSQV3_p_15486.html

Its prob as much as your whole fmic.
My PC wont let me view the page :( so i'll buy the SSQV and some of the below then i'll have a lovely uprated recirc, which can run on stock boost and 1bar when i get it all mapped, boost controller ect :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-...ing_MJ&var=&hash=item2c71a2d7c4#ht_2809wt_954

Reaction score
Country
If you ever intend to upgrade your ECU, you could just go the path of MAP sensor rather than MAF. That's what I'm intending on doing. That would eliminate the need to recirculate