What's new

4.1/4.3 diif what do i need

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
Hey all,

Need some help i installed a z32 box in my s15 and now i wanna swap the stock diff for a 4.1 or 4.3. My question is whats the best car to get the diff from to make it as straight forward as possible and what other parts do i need to fit it ? i know the speed is taken from the abs so im not sure what diff to get.

i was looking at a diff from a spec s 5 speed which is a 4.08 ratio would this fit ?

any info would be really helpful.

Reaction score
Country
AFAIK yes all R200 internals are interchangeable, some have different stub axles though. You would probably be better putting your diff into that casing though, save messing with the pinion.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
trying to find a z32 or even a rb abs diif is proving hard and i can get my hand on the internals from a spec easy enough and cheap that why i was looking at going that route

Reaction score
Country
Shouldn't be a problem, nearly all Z32 have ABS? Probably better sticking with R200 stuff though, I don't think an R230 will bolt in easily.

Sender

Reaction score
Country
Z32TT got R230 which won't fit in S-body subframe and ratio is 3,69; Z32NA got R200 with 4,1 ratio but it is short-nose diff (like non abs S-body) and got 5 bolts shafts, so it isn't P&P

Don't know why you want such a short diff with that gearbox, I would go for S-body automatic diff with 3,9 ratio

Reaction score
I am using an R33 auto VLSD diff, it comes with the speed sensor just like the S15 and is plug and play.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
buy a diff thats already built if you can,

Doritech is building me a 4.6 for my s15 and he's having a nightmare with different nose bearings and needing the abs sensor for the speedo.

Reaction score
Country
What's the deal with the ABS sensor, speedo whatever on these then? I have a R32 LSD to put in my Spec/s case, don't even know if that will cause any troubles? I have noticed that most of the s15s in Japanese drift videos seem to have a dead speedo, maybe it's actually a PITA?

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
The japs might just fit a non abs diff,

if you do in an s15 you would lose the speedo.

An s14 has the speedo pick up on the gearbox. But s15 box does not have a facility for this.

Reaction score
Country
I read that the SpecS works same way as S14, I don't know, will figure it out. Where is the sensor on the diff then, I could have a look.