What's new

Rear Brakes Dragging. Help!

J

joshuadavie

hey guys, i know im a new user, so sorry that my first post is a plea for help. however, i am totally stumped on this issue and any help would be amazing :)

so i replaced all my rotors and pads at the same time about 2-3months ago (just after buying the car). noticed a couple days ago that my rear brakes were squealing like crazy. my rear pads were completely worn through, whilst the fronts are new new and seem to be wearing correctly.

first things first i checked the calipers. re-greased the slide pins, checked the pistons. everything seems to be moving very freely without issue. replaced pads for the meantime to test with. not really driving the car anywhere though. oh btw this is an aus-spec. single piston rear brakes.

so then i thought. must be handbrake. loosened the cable so it had plenty of slack. took it for a drive. still boiling hot after driving. so, dont think its this

now i've turned my attention to the front calipers, halfway through re-bleeding the entire system incase its some air stuck somewhere (doing this with the ABS electrically disconnected for the first time, so hopefully that helps)

I have stainless braided lines by HEL and Gktech BMC stopper which is on pretty solid (can this cause any issues?) the pedal is also slightly soft, which i think is unusual for stainless lines and BMC stopper. but i could be wrong.

I am so confused! any advice or suggestion would be amazing. thanks in advance :)

im at the point where i think i might just **** the whole system and upgrade to gtr brakes haha.