What's new

put my foot down,brake,car stalls anyone had this???

Reaction score
Country
basically from a stand still or if i put my foot down to full boost then come to a stop 5-10seconds after,the revs drop right down and the car stalls.also if i dont stop and let off the throttle them few seconds later i put my foot on the throttle to stay at the same speed it hesitates and judders a little.its driving me mad/has anyone had this and found a cure??

Reaction score
Country
Do you have a to atmosphere blow off valve?

Because if you do this is the culprit. The airflow sensor is metering the air going in and adjusting the fuel accordingly. Now when the air dumps out the valve, there is too much fuel causing the car to stutter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
To be honest this makes perfect sense .because when it stalls I can smell fuel aswel.how can get about this as it's drivin me insane and it's the final thing I need to do to make things right :).

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
You need a recirculating dump valve and pipe going back to your intake pipe.

Its probably block off at the moment!

One other thing is do you have a straight hard intake pipe or the original rubber flexi intake pipe? As the air being pushed bak from the turbo (that creates the awesome turbo chatter) can cause the Afm to misread when you run a straight hard pipe and no recirculating dump valve.
It needs a "waffle plate in the hard pipe to disturb the air which is going tr wrong way (back towards the air filter when you let off)

Reaction score
Country
Where can I get a recirc dump valve an pipe??

yeah I have a hard
pipe kit also for the air flow and inter cooler all round.

Reaction score
Country
and also it hasnt always been like this yet always a dump valve so why would it suddenly change?

and how are people running loud dump valves in this cars and not getting problems.confuses me

Reaction score
Country
i have a hks ssqv bov cant that be recirculated?i can see the airflow side has got a hole blocked off so guessing it goes into there .

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Where can I get a recirc dump valve an pipe??

yeah I have a hard
pipe kit also for the air flow and inter cooler all round.
how long has it been happening and are you sure its just started?

Its most likely the hard pipe issue from intake to turbo. I run atmospheric BOV, but stock intake pipe, and only get stalling when I've been drifting and come to a sudden stop!
You need the corrugated effect of the stock pipe or a waffle plate for the hard pipes to stop the stalling issues.

Reaction score
Country
i dont think its been like it the 3 years i have had it not as bad as now anyway.so a waffle plate will stop it or do i need to recirc it aswel??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The re circ you run a pipe from the intake pipe near the filter to the bov mate simple enough I think the bungs are just adaptors to fit the tube to the bov

Reaction score
Country
right today i have replaced all the intercooler clips with slurry clips and also seen the pipe going on the air filter wasnt even done up :S so after doing all of that it has sorted the juddering after booting it :D and it pulls alot better and more responsive than before :D but now it dumps and chatters as the same time which if im honest sounds quite nice haha.just a matter of adjusting the clips on the dump valve i think as it leaked straight after i done it all and i moved them.but the stalling still remains but its not as sudden if that makes sense.but for now its enjoyable to drive again.

Reaction score
Country
I get the exact same issue but I don't quite understand how you guys have suggested to fix it, any chance someone could post a pic of their engine bay? pretty please :)

Reaction score
Country
I get the exact same issue but I don't quite understand how you guys have suggested to fix it, any chance someone could post a pic of their engine bay? pretty please :)
when running the stock ECU and air flow meter, you should really keep the stock BOV or at least one the vents the excess pressure from the intercooler back into the intake just before the turbo, if it vents to the air then you will have this issue. As the volume of air that has gone through the meter is now inaccurate as its calculated a certain volume and you have just pissed away 30% of it to the air due to wanting a gay bov sound. If you cant figure out what a BOV is where it is located and how to put a piece of pipe from the BOV to the pre turbo intake, take the car to someone who can otherwise you will balls it up

Reaction score
Country
Yes mate you certainly can. i fitted a HKS SSQV & Recirc kit his week. It has notably reduced lag between gears compared with running pigeon mod/vent to atmosphere bov, and you still get all the chatter/bov noise, which i really wasn't expecting. If you have the HKS SSQV already, you will need an adapter ^^ for the end of the BOV and a length of pipe. one end fitted the the bov and the other to the fitting on your intake pipe, which is most likely bunged at the moment.

here is my setup

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So you've still got the turbo/pigeon noise Dave?? Even with a recirc now fitted? Hmm I may have to invest in a recirc kit because I hate the way my car runs with it to atmosphere but I love the noise too much

Reaction score
Country
So you've still got the turbo/pigeon noise Dave?? Even with a recirc now fitted? Hmm I may have to invest in a recirc kit because I hate the way my car runs with it to atmosphere but I love the noise too much
That is exactly why i didn't want to go recirc, i thought it would be boring with no sound, but i was amazed that i retained all of the sound. boosting slightly and letting off gives you the same chatter as usual, and on hard boost the Blow Off sound, to me anyway, is AS loud, but just slightly shorter as ends abruptly as it is recirculated, rather than kind of 'trail off' when vent to atmosphere. I suppose you hear the noise through the airfilter, as it is dumping into the intake pipe.

I have to say i actually prefer the noise now, and as i said before, it feels great going hard up through the gears. Definitely do it Sam & Orb!