What's new

Bolt on a 2871r?

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Apologies if this has been covered already! But all I could find was old for sale threads and builds..

Anyway.. Question being can you replace the standard 28r with a 2871r using the standard ECU, injectors and AFM or do any or all of these need to be upgraded to run one?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Could probably run it on standard afm and injectors but you wouldn't be able to run it to its full potential. These are normally best being fitted with 550 or 740 injectors , z32 afm and something like a nistune board. You definitely wouldn't be able to just put it on the car and drive it though if that's what you mean?

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Yea sorry that's what I meant I.e could it be run under its potential at all until I upgraded all the relevant parts. As trying to decided where to go as my 28r went pop,
but considering the cost of the new injectors, z32 afm and a ecu and map.. id rather just spend that money on a JZ..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah probably could jz, nistune fitted and mapped is 6-650 maf is 1-120 injectors 4-450. You could probably just get the nistune and run lower boost not sure how well it would run though, be better off talking to a tuner about that. Another option would be h dev chip which I think was between 350-400 but only they can map it so would have to take it back to them for future work

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes you can, I have a mate who has done it recently, but he is just running it on waste gate pressure..which is a max of 7 psi...

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
depending on the wastegate that you have got fitted Auss15 ;)

best to toddle around and drive sensibly off boost till you get it custom tuned and setup properly. Ensure the actuator preload is on the minimum

Reaction score
Country
You can do it but its not ideal. Could end in early engine death if not done sensibly.

Reaction score
If you keep the boost low, you wont have a problem...its only a bit bigger turbo then the stock unit and low boost will just make it drive similar to a stock unit.....boost is the most important factor..

Reaction score
Country
I ran one on my old sil80 for a year or two before I got it all mapped with new injectors and AFM, I never had a problem on my sil80. I'm running the exact same now with a HKS actuator set to standard boost, runs fine and have no probs and comes into boost fine. I do have a few extras like a FMIC, blitz induction kit but can say i've had it on the car since early this year and not had any problems.

Im just waiting to put my other bits on before I can map it.

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for feedback guys, I chucked a 28r on it temp and now I've gone GTX, 760's and link ecu anyway :)

" @mrkerr #catchmydrift @downside_apparel #teamdsa "