What's new

Importing parts question?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys

I need to get hold of an S15 coilpack harness loom. Now Nissan UK have 3 week lead time and cost £82 + VAT. I can get the same part for about £70-90 from Oz or Japan.

So my question is around import tax, from experience would I be best ordering from Oz or Japan to try and avoid import tax? Also, does marking packages as "gift" get round it as I've heard this before??

Cheers
[h=4][/h]

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Luck of the draw really buddy I had things sent from the states , japan and aus I was never charged extra for but then little bits I got hit with almost £30 but only been charged twice from probably 15 packages ....
Think they have a £15 handling fee then import on top not sure on the specifics of it but think both were around £20-30 when I got stung , think it may be more down the the companies they ship with

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
As Peglio says, I've done the same from US and Japan, 1 in 10 approx I get caught for import fees. It's the only way I get parts now.

Reaction score
Country
2 months ago i imported intercooler piping, manifold and decat... it was marked as spares and i paid £37 fees.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Ok cheers for the feedback guys, coil pack loom shouldn't be that big a package if it goes of size, and cost wise its under £100

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just got my mazworx package today and is £68 fees for over 2k worth of parts so I don't really know how they work it out tbh !