What's new

Fmic fitment help

Reaction score
Country
I know a number of people have had problems with fitting the Japspeed style intercooler kits and now I'm one of them! Having problems with the cold pipe (pictured below); the thicker breather pipe is pointing directly downwards onto the fan cover. I've been told by a friend that the best job is to cut this small pipe at a 45 degree angle, twist and re weld which then creates a 90 degree bend. I would have done this but I can't get hold of a welder. Are there any other options I can take to get this sorted today?

Reaction score
Country
Last bit of help needed now. Just need to find out where certain vacuum pipes go and if i can get rid of certain things.

First off, what is this part; do i still need it if i've removed the BOV and fitted the new FMIC.

Secondly, if the item above should not be removed where must this vacuum pipe now go?

Third; got one part which looks to be some sort of sensor or valve which links into the charcoal canister. Can both of these parts be removed?

Finally, what vacuum pipe should be going onto this piece of the intercooler piping?

Any help appreciated, thanks guys!

Reaction score
Country
1st pic is your factory boost gauge sensor
and ill let you figure out what to do with open vac piping.................................. where does the other end of it connect to might me a good starting point as to what its purpose is or if its even needed.

second, remove all of the charcoal canister setup, i mentioned this just the other day. http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/12836-Aftermarket-Boost-guage-source

that little bit of pipe you have circled is to go to your boost controller solenoid, personally i would just bung it up and have a source for the control solenoid taken from as close to the turbo compressor wheel as you can get.

Reaction score
Country
So can i potentially fit that open vac pipe to the thing breather coming from the intercooler piping? I've also got one more part which i need some guidance with..

As you can see, i've got the 1 vac line just to the right of the filter. Sorry to be a pain, just don't want to have to revisit this intercooler fitment because its pissed me off enough already ha!

Reaction score
Country
I've been helping Jamie with this and he could easliy copy my setup, but we weren't sure how removing bits would effect readings to the ecu as mine has an S14 lump with some of the components in the pics above removed for the pigeon mod.

So the factory boost gauge sensor will need to stay for the gauge to function, simple enough, what about the valve / solenoid mounted on the left turret that the vac pipe is attached to in the last photo? can that be removed? It has a plug attached so we didn't want to touch that for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
It can be removed if you are running an after market boost controller. I also assume you will be running the blow off valve return to the intake or do you have it blocked off ?