What's new

Aftermarket Boost guage source.

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Right just a quick question I have a after market boost gauge and have fitted it to the car but its not reading any vac or boost levels.

I removed the factory boost pressure sensor and used the hose that was original connected to this but its not reading anything.

Is this connection not eligible and do I have to tap into somewhere else? Just want to check before I go T into something else if I don't need to and its the gauge that is faulty.

I.e like this photo here?

This is not my drawing or how I have run any pipes btw, just note the standard pressure sensor....

Reaction score
Country
unlike that diagram you have got dont tap into the hose going to the fuel pressure reg....... leave that alone

On the underside of the intake manifold there is two pipes that supply all the items that require manifold pressure (recirc valve, factory boost sensor, poos and weese carbon canister) they poke out just under the throttle body, t into either of those

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys I have used that one, it turns out that the gauge is actually faulty so I have to send it back.

Just wanted to check :)

Catch My Drift?

Reaction score
Country
Hijacking two threads in a day, winner.

Under the throttle body there's 2 vacuum ports, one has a pipe on already, and the other is blanked off. Can I plumb straight into the blanked port or do I need to add a t-piece into the existing, I only ask as the blanked port wasn't mentioned earlier in the thread. Cheers

Reaction score
Country
If it helps, I have removed the carbon canister and do not have the factory boost pressure sensor. I have 2 pipes that went to the inlet mani from the carbon canister and they are both now blanked off.

Reaction score
Country
either will do as they source manifold pressure from aprox the same spot in the manifold, might also be a good idea to removed the top half of the intake plenum and swap the old rubber hoses and spring clamps for silicone and proper clamps, good way to prevent future boost leaks, and then you will fully understand whats going on with all the lines

and yes remove carbon canister and spash it with a hammer saying "take that hippies"

Reaction score
Country
Finally got it all sorted, tried each of the vacuum ports until I got a negative reading at idle, the others I tried gave zero at idle so were obviously wrong. I routed it through a grommet above the passenger side foot well which previously had an amp cable through it, bit of a long way around and I might re-route it at some point but it works for now so happy days.

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
either will do as they source manifold pressure from aprox the same spot in the manifold, might also be a good idea to removed the top half of the intake plenum and swap the old rubber hoses and spring clamps for silicone and proper clamps, good way to prevent future boost leaks, and then you will fully understand whats going on with all the lines

and yes remove carbon canister and spash it with a hammer saying "take that hippies"
I keep reading that its not great to remove the carbon canister and is worth keeping it for build ups etc... Any truth to this?

Catch My Drift?

Reaction score
Country
none...... ever seen a race or drift car with one????? its a was a way of reducing the cars carbon emissions and helps to remove excess fuel vapours from the tank and lets it permiate back through the intake track to be burnt instead of causing global warming ( if the line is looped it wont go anywhere anyway, funny that)...... however tuning your car, with bigger injectors and 3 times the exhaust gasses totally defeats the purpose of the canister all together. Do youself a favor, stop hugging trees and rainbows, and remove that ugly thing thats just adding weight to your car, other wise its like an american who weighs what a truck does eats a big fat greasy burger and then puts equal sugar in his coffee as he things that will help him lose weight.......

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Haha good point and spiffing terms of use.. never really looked into it befor! guess its time to say bye bye!

Reaction score
Country
Lol that's a mint way to put it is there a thread on removing it? Done it on my s13 but was a while ago that

Reaction score
Country
Took mine off only a few weeks ago so it's still fairly fresh in my mind. There were two hoses under the canister that come off hard pipes from the back of the chassis, I connected those two using one of the short hoses I removed, and then that vents fuel vapour under the car. Then there are two hoses that come from under the throttle body, I blanked those off and tucked them out of the way, and I think that's it...

Reaction score
Country
All you need to know is that one of the hoses coming from under your intake manifold is the supply, block it off or use it for something else the needs manifold pressure, the hard lines just under where the canister sits just need to be joined together, then remove it all big and small in between, including unplug and remove the solenoid as its messing with your cars chi. The whole fear of unpluging something from you ecu as "it might throw a code" is just............. you cant be a pussy your whole life alright, just un plug it and throw it away