What's new

Wideband help needed?

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Hi
guys
i just bought a wideband lm2 innovative from ebay which is not a basickit . it include all additional items (its more then a basic kit) now actually i want to know that i bought this for my s15 running on power fc now problem is that if wideband only shows sensors activity and diagnosis problems this is same thing available on power fc sensor check ..
secondly , it consist of some cables to connect with laptop via ecu ,, does it tune like fc datalogit . how people says that it leads to max hp's .

i want know that does it tune the car via connecting ecu or it just diagnose the problems..
OR in simple words i am a beginner .. i want to know what are the functions of wideband...?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have the same Innovate wideband, previously just as a standalone to give me the info. 14.7 is the ideal number, which you will probably idle at. The number will decrease with power on, and increase when you lift off(if I remember correctly). Just displaying the number can give someone a rough idea of rich or lean, but to make any difference to how it runs it needs to talk to an ECU that can do something about it and get the mixture right.

Too lean and you can get detonation, overheating and very bad things for your engine
Too rich and you'll be using more fuel, and killing your cat. and stinking the place out.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/powerfc_tutorial.php

I'll be using my wideband with an HKS Fcon in a few months, and by the looks of it the Power FC can do similar things, but really it's worth taking electrics like this to a pro before you cock it up. I will be too!

Sair

Reaction score
Country
A guy in driftworks forums
"It's nothing like a power FC in the slightest.

A wideband shows you an accurate air/fuel ratio, nothing else, and a power FC can't do that.

An lm2, as well as being a wideband afr meter, is also a diagnostics unit, but pretty sure only for obd2 onwards, so not s15 etc compatible"

is it rite that lm2 is not compatible with s15 (specifically not for turbo's car)
and yes that cable which comes with wideband helps in tuning so in other words does it works like fc data logit. ?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think you need to get your head around what a wideband does, and understand what you want to use it for.

http://tunertools.com/articles/FordMuscle.pdf

If he is looking at it like that no wideband is compatible with any car. These things don't plug into the normal ECU. You need and aftermarket ECU/ engine management to make use of any wideband info. Like Ichigo has said in another thread, look at what your Fcon can do and then speak to someone who can tune them if it is wideband compatible.

It will tell you the Air fuel ratio of thin air or exhaust gas, it really doesn't care where it is put, turbo or non turbo.