What's new

The heads comming off!

Reaction score
Country
Ok so car is heading to the garage for some work, iv got to have the head off to fix the common head gasket leak, and I'm proberly going to get the head skimed at the same time refitting with a 1.8 mm gasket
Also replacing the clutch ( probably an organic one) what about the fly wheel? I here so much about the pit falls and have no idea what good and what's not! I'd rather pay for a s15 specific kit than a s14a retro kit!

Is there anything else that would be worth doing while the car is in this state?

Your advice please, and if you can point me in the right direction where I could find it all it would be much apreacheted :notworthy:

Reaction score
Country
If you are splitting the block then definitely get it skimmed. Why are you looking at such a thick head gasket btw? I'd personally reccomend a cosworth 1.5mm gasket.

If your wallet allows I'd do the following.

Remove check and clean the valves.
Relap the valves
check and replace valve guides if needs be.
Valve stem oil seals
arp head studs
New water pump.
Uprated valve springs and reretainers.

If you are removing the gearbox an uprated mount can help but know nothing about s15 specific clutch kits.

S

spec-rs15

Replace the dual.mass fly wheel with a single mass flywheel clutches are cheaper that way and you get instant power to drive train that's what I have and works a treat with a hd organic

Reaction score
Country
Replace the dual.mass fly wheel with a single mass flywheel clutches are cheaper that way and you get instant power to drive train that's what I have and works a treat with a hd organic
Where did you get yours from? Not in the uk I take it! Who made it?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I believe japspeed are an official distributor for exedy if that's the clutch you are after they normally have some good deals

Last edited:
Reaction score
+ 1 for the Exedy for daily driving and yes get rid of the dual mass. As above for the head and you wont need a head gasket that thick, it will change the compression ratio

Reaction score
Country
a 1.8mm head gasket......... on no....... now you are going to have to get a turbo the size of basketball to compensate, well at least that would be my excuse

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Go for a driftworks flywheel and exedy clutch or dw do act clutch n flywheels now.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Act Heavy Duty (HD) organic is an excellent clutch. Don't get the extreme!
Driftworks flywheels will do or exedy. Wish I'd swapped mine out but hey ho!