Whiteline Suspension Alignment

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Whiteline's alignment sheet for the S15 has now been removed from their web site. As many people use this as a setup guideline, I have provided the details here.

Many thanks to Whiteline for forwarding the details to me :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Touring would be normal road driving. Race would be track. If you are talking specific road quality, those settings are used in both Oz and the UK.

P

Pazz

Blast from the past....

Are these settings degrees/min/seconds?

1.5deg = 1deg and 50 mins?
OR
1.5deg = 1deg 30 mins?

(Obviously there are 60mins in a degree.)

Its just that most of the laser alignment kit that wheel shops use are in d/m/s. And the shop that I have been using arent very good with the kit and didnt even understand d/m/s. So when I gave them a setup they had no idea how to match the figures up. (The selection of decent wheel shops is pretty shocking in my area).

Also, why is toe measured in mm? The kit we used measured in d/m/s again.

M

Matt_S

1.5 deg is 1deg 30 mins.

Just go for 1 deg toe in across the rack. WOrks fine for me.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive got mine set to Touring from there settings and it drives very nice :D

M

Matt_S

Yeh. Across the rack.

To be honest, I looked at the whieline settings and thought - ahh fcuk it. I know roughly what difference the toe makes with the drift car experience. The settings I looked at said zero toe :confused:

And toe in gives the car more turn in at the front and stability at the rear, so I went for half a degree on each corner. 1 degree across the rack :thumbs:

U

udi

Bumping an old thread, I'm interested what the "P" and "D" mean in the caster column.

Is it something to do with bushing material? the desired application (drift etc) perhaps?

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
To revive an old thread instead of making a new one, im getting my car alligned next week! On the rear i have all the arms needed for that and on the front i have a set of DW Tension Rods and Nismo LCA. RUnning Tein SS all around. Now.. the settings found in the first post are those still viable? Because when im getting the car alligned, i hope to set it correct in 1 go :p Any advice you guys can give me?

I drive it fairly hard and roads are good here, occasional track here and there.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yes, they certainly are. I have recently had mine set up to touring specs but with 2.1 deg rear camber and the grip level is silly. If you like sliding the car around then certainly go for less rear camber!

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Im certainly looking into more grip then slip:wack:

I had the alligment measured and its totally off, hence i get it re-alligned and set it for more grippy specs. Cheers craig!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep around -2.0 to -2.5 rear camber is good for the front... so much less understeer :)

Toe - personally I'd keep it neutral as it's not something I mess with but you can always start neutral and have a play...

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
-

Nevermind, found out the Endlink on the drivers side is FUBAR, going to replace those, together with a nice ARB to go with it!

Last edited: