What's new

ABS Problem

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys

Yesterday I fitted new coilovers all round but when I was done the ABS light stays on.

I thought I may have knocked a sensor or something so checked them but nothing, checked the fuses but they are all fine.

With the bonnet open, when you turn ignition on the abs light comes on like all lights do but it quickly goes off and back on (not a flash, more like a drop in power say) and you can hear a distinct motor/noise coming from the abs module.

Has this happend to anyone before? It has to be something with the module as it never does this noise normally.

I have given the module a smack to see if anything was stuck but nothing..maybe a harder smack is needed...

Just hope this has happend to someone before, I also cant work out why the problem on happens after messing arround with coilovers yesterday.

Any help appreciated guys.

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
first, check the wires that go to the front wheels to make sure the sensors are connected and working you may have damaged or knocked or something the ABS sensor wire, it goes into a rubber hose once its inside the wheel arch, check that for damage

Reaction score
A bit of a long shot here as I believe Fruitbooter sold their S15 years ago but does anyone know if they got this sorted? I have exactly the same issue with mine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thought I'd come back to this as i managed to sort the issue.

I had the exact same issue as Frruitbooter. Abs light on and the Abs unit making a whirring noise on start up.

Turns out it was an abs sensor. Checked the abs sensor with a multimeter and had it replaced. Problem solved.

A new s15 abs sensor looks to be around £300 or I could of got a second hand set of hubs but i found a thread on SXOC where someone used a Peugeot ABS sensor. Picked one of these up off ebay for £15, wired it in and the light/noise has gone! It's a bit of a bodge fit but if it works , I dont have an issue.

The sensor is ABS SPEED SENSOR PEUGEOT 206 CC SW (1998-2016) Rear LEFT or RIGHT 454579.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk