What's new

Big brake advice needed

Reaction score
Country
Ok so I currently have R32 GTR front calipers and discs (nissan calipers as Bremo's werent until the R33)

I have seen a set of these D2 8 pots on ebay for £900 quid, and k-sport for around the same price.

My questions are:

1). Is it worth upgrading from what i've got? I believe your braking is dependant, to a certain extent on master cylinder etc.

2). D2 or K-sport? I'm presuming it's a negligible difference?

3). is £900 ish a fair price for these big brake kits?

Thanks in advance all you lovely s15ers.

:D

Reaction score
Country
1). I don't know, but it should be.

2). They are the same. (D2, K-Sport, XYZ)

3.) £900 is a fair price.

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Also interested in the answer as also after similar although from reading there seems to be a lot of positive things about k sports where as the d2 kits not so much so are they similar? Also were you at ashby foville last night?

Reaction score
Country
I would love k sports just for the look of them : ) need to save up a bit first tho

Reaction score
Country
how much difference does uprated pads with the standard brakes make as i dont have the funds for a brake upgrade but was thinking green/yellow stuff pads

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
how much difference does uprated pads with teh standard brakes make as i dont have the funds for a brake upgrade but was thinking green/yellow stuff pads
I have OEM discs and Red stuff... Brakes good, but the discs got small heat cracks and heat spots. So it would be better to upgrade pads and discs.
But the OEM brake is too small in my opinion (for Autobahn etc).

Reaction score
Country
arent the red stuff pads track biased though? TBH i dont do high speed stuff a lot, i just want a bit more bite when im in the mood for hoonage lol. cracks in the discs doesnt sound good

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, and yeah ollie I was there. Pewter s15 on grid drifts :)

Where were you? Would have come said hi

Reaction score
Country
I thought it was yours I was there last month in the white 14a that parked next to you, this month I parked up and was walking down as you were leaving! Saw the back of the car, when I saw it last month I was thinking they're bigger calipers, and they're not brembos and couldn't think who's they were lol!

Reaction score
Country
Ahh man well if you're going down next month I should be there, weather permitting. Will make sure I say this time lol

Reaction score
Country
I have EVO 8 Brembos up front with 345mm discs and redstuff pads....only have oem discs and pads at the back with standard MC.

I don't know if its down to pad choice or the fact im on stock MC with oem brakes at the back but the setup isn't amazing. Its certainly better than stock S15 front brakes but if I had the chance I would upgrade to K-sport as the extra pistons do make a difference.

I do plan on upgrading to Z32 / GTST rear at some point and bigger MC with stopper and hopefully better pads like DS2500.

If you can afford it and they fit under your wheels go for K-Sport.

Reaction score
Country
Had another opinion from a local Motorsport company offering both d2 and k sport.

He said even though they are made in the same factory, d2 calipers have external dust shields which stop the calipers from getting clogged up with ****. Apparently k sport don't have this?
He recommended the d2's over the k sport for heavy road use, k sports for more track oriented cars.

Think I'm gonna hold off for the time being, give it some thought. Thanks for the info though guys I certainly won't be going Evo setup now which I had contemplated so cheers!!