What's new

Front strut brace or no front strut brace?

Reaction score
Country
Can't seem to find a lot of info on this so here goes:

I noticed some of you guys have them, some don't run them. Any reason/ preference for this? I personally think the bay looks cleaner without aesthetically, and was toying with the idea of removing mine altogether. Short of removing it and driving about myself, have you guys noticed much difference?

Discuss!!!!

:D

Reaction score
I really did notice a difference when I put a front strut brace in. Definitely stiffened up the front end particularly when drifting but also driving on winding country roads. I think there's a definate advantage to them. As for how they look in the engine bay well there's always the option of painting it to compliment the engine bay and car colour :)

Reaction score
I swear by mine, it really stops flex in the towers. Drive with it then take it off, you will notice a difference

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
+1 for what Auss15 said.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Never noticed sod all on mine tbh :D Same with the S14a I had before.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
then you weren't driving it hard enough :p

Reaction score
I've got a front strut brace and I noticed a difference , I was wondering if it would make any impact doing the rear as well
I got a rear one off eBay. One of the shiney ones that go over the rear parcel shelf. To be honest I don't think it's after making any real difference. Possibly the ones that go under the parcel shelf and across the boot rear seat opening that are made of thicker non flexible metal would work better.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a cusco under shelf rear strut brace and it does make a difference.

Reaction score
Country
if you have a JDM spec s the the strut bar will make a huge difference on the spec r you wont notice much until you corner hard, putting a brace bar that goes between the front lower control arms also makes a huge difference to your cars steering responce

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It is true what Spoonman has said. The Jap spec S didn't come with all the bracing the JDM spec R did so a strut brace will make more difference in a JDM spec S

Reaction score
Country
Well I have a spec R so I guess it's pretty rigid already. That said, you've convinced me to keep it on for now :) I have a cusco one so it's fairly rigid.. just needs the end plates tarting up, so think a trip to the powder coaters is in order :)

Reaction score
Country
some really hard sway bars will make 3 time the difference then a strut tower bar

Reaction score
But in combination they help even more. I love my bracing, I have 6 types of aftermarket bracing in my S15..