What's new

Common SR20DET oil leak?

Reaction score
Country
Fez06 noticed this on my car at the jap show on sunday and said that his does exactly the same

there seems to be a slight oil leak on the front of the engine, i will grab a picture in a bit but its to the right hand side of the block behind a pully, i think its the AC pully? not pissing out but got that oily gritty sludge build up. Fez said he has been round his with a mirror and all sorts and still cant find where its coming from, any suggestions?

im not losing any oil but just looks a bit untidy under the bonnet

John-

Reaction score
Country
deviating from the point of this thread, but saw your car at japfest, looked nice :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country

literally have no idea where this is coming from

Cheers John, yeah it is a nice one as far as S15's go. seeing the other 2 there has definately made me decided i need to lower it. and i need to get the wheels refurbed at some point too but lack of funds atm :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The leak seems to be from the Vvt thing I think just above pas pump. Had a quick look around everyone else's sr,s at show n they all seem to do it lol give it a good steam off n some brake cleaner dude mines misting again but still looks fairly clean now

Reaction score
Country
Suppose i will just have to keep on top of it, i wonder if its a weak gasket or something. odd that all SR's seem to have it

Reaction score
Guy's it's the very very common timing chain front cover oil seal. mine has had it for the past 9 years. It's the silicon seal they use for the timing chain cover, an orange colour. It's caused by the fact it gets hard under heat and weeps. I just clean it with degreaser occasionally.It doesn't get any worse. It's a prick of a job to reseal, that's why most guys just leave it. It's a very small weep.

Reaction score
Country
I'll be leaving that then, just wanted to know what it was. At least its not serious anyway