What's new

got a new turbo coming.what to do with the old one?

Reaction score
Country
i have a new turbo arriving which should be today and its getting fitted monday but i dont know what to do with the old one?

it has play in it and i think the bearings are going as there was noise when we span it .there anyway to sell it as i know some people or places can rebuild them?just dont want it lying around to be honest when it could come to good use for someone maybe.

Reaction score
Sell it cheaply, they are worth rebuilding, but best someone else do it as you wont get the money back if you sell it rebuilt

Reaction score
Country
yeah that would be cool i just wouldnt know how much for and i know your not aloud to ask for offers haha

Reaction score
Country
We are in the same dilema mate, my old turbo decided to take a dump on me. Started to make high pitch noise when on boost and started smoking like crazy after a while when i was on idle. Had to buy a new one as i couldn't find a good second hand one (around USD 800). Hopefully mine is fitted next week!

Reaction score
Country
yeah i got mine for £700 delivered .i got a friend who may have my old one once its off the car but i want atleast £150 and he has offered me £50 haha

Reaction score
Honestly, if its the rollerbearing turbo, it's worthless. The core is not a repairable item, a new core would be all that is supplied. £150 is dreaming for a turbo that needs repairing. Your mate has offered about the going rate, if its of value to him.