What's new

Advice needed for Suspension Pillowball mount !

Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com
Hi Guys,

I have been Using Tien HA Suspension and only recently added the Tien Pillowball mount for my Front and rear. After having the Pillowball mount installed, it seems that my Rear has been making Knocking noises :confused: , is that normal?? I did not have this problem before the pillowball mount, it use to be very silent.

Does any bros here have any advice or experience on the same knocking noises from pillow mount?

Thanks in advance

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nitekid.
Could you please scale down your sig pic.
It's causing extended use the the scroll wheel ;)

use this as a guideline :thumbs:
Please keep signature photos within 500x150 pixels and 40KB maximum

Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com
Nicely said:
You will get more noise from pillowballs, without a doubt.
Yup, i know i will get more noise, as i am already getting them :( ...but what i would like to know is if there was a problem which causes the knocking noise. Is the knocking noise a problem i would need to rectify? y is there knockin sound?

Any bros here experience this knocking pillowball mount noise? any advice?

Thanks Nicely for ur quick reply.

Cheers :D

Reaction score
my pillowballs don't knock.. so i'd suggest checking all bushings below in that area!

(when i say don't knock, i mean to a noticeable annoyance level, can't say i've noticed, not that it definately doesn't!)

130r

I have been facing this problem since day one of ownership.
Been confrimed by a old school drifter that for s14/15 there will be knocking or clonking noise if pillowball top mount are being used. Only way is to revert the back top mount to OEM rubber piece.
But some brands do make lesser noise then some. my friends type flex and super street make much lesser noise
then my jic.
nice bodykit you got there.

nitekid said:
Hi Guys,

I have been Using Tien HA Suspension and only recently added the Tien Pillowball mount for my Front and rear. After having the Pillowball mount installed, it seems that my Rear has been making Knocking noises :confused: , is that normal?? I did not have this problem before the pillowball mount, it use to be very silent.

Does any bros here have any advice or experience on the same knocking noises from pillow mount?

Thanks in advance

130r

No problem
no! thats sombody else.
Theres quite a lot of s15 running around JB and KL. it could be one of them.

nitekid said:
Thanks 130r for your info! Appreciate it! :)
BTW, did u recently drive into Singapore? saw a malaysia plate yellow S15 last sat. :D

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Couple of things to check from experience with Teins on my Pulsar.

Firstly, check the springs are seated properly up against the top mount as if they are not it can cause one hell of a noise! :eek: Secondly, and the reason why mine knocked like buggery when i put them on, check the nut on the top of the strut that attaches it to the pillowball mount. If this is not rediculously tight the struts will knock in the mount :eek:

The only increase in noise when fitting pillowball mounts should be from the road, there shouldnt be any knocks bar the odd one from the spring seats.

Hope that helps.

J.