What's new

95 degrees water temp stuffed thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
When you get your thermostat out, and you have a temp probe that can be sat in hot water, stick the thermostat in a pot of water bring it to the boil and see what temp it opens at, if it opens at the temp stamped into the thermostat then its fine, genuine Nissan one is something like 76C (some one feel free to correct me on that)
Dont run a low temp thermostat unless you are going to keep the car for track work only, a stock one as OZ mentioned above is perfectly good for a road car, and don't get a tridon one get a genuine Nissan one, better flow and last longer.

Coolant - Mix it 50/50, and use the most expensive stuff you can find, something like blue mountain or whatever its called, keep in mind the stronger the mix of coolent the better the corrosion protection, the lower the freezing point and the higher the boiling point, however the trade off with less water is the less ability to transfer heat off which is the most important, as its the water in your system that does 80 - 90 % of the heat transfer, but as we all know if we run straight water we rust and corrode our systems.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am sure he does. :p

Reaction score
Country
yea ive done the thermostat test before, any idea where i can get a genuine one? im going away to d1nz this weekend 3hrs away so hope it alright

btw crashed my car yesterday ... 5 cars in a line a kid ran out infront of a car all cars slammed their brakes on i was at the back and couldn't brake in time lucky i hit the guy infront of me real slow damage wasnt major just a bit of fiber glassing on bumper and bonnet got a tad bent. it's still costing me 1g+ though i was so close to saving for my tune.. cya to that

Reaction score
Country
yea ive done the thermostat test before, any idea where i can get a genuine one? im going away to d1nz this weekend 3hrs away so hope it alright

btw crashed my car yesterday ... 5 cars in a line a kid ran out infront of a car all cars slammed their brakes on i was at the back and couldn't brake in time lucky i hit the guy infront of me real slow damage wasnt major just a bit of fiber glassing on bumper and bonnet got a tad bent. it's still costing me 1g+ though i was so close to saving for my tune.. cya to that
this is what insurance is for............................. wait... your under 25 aren't you?
genuine nissan thermostat 21200-0C811 or 21200-53J00 both are listed as useable just tell them to make sure they are 76.5 otherwise our mate over in OZ will throw toys, i always contact cockram nissan in christchurch as even though they are a long way away they can source from closer nissan outlets and best of all they seam to know what your talking about....and get you the right stuff.

Reaction score
Country
yea my insurance excess is 1.5g so its not even worth going through insurance cheaper to just pay it directly.. and since i hit into him have to pay for his car too.. and it was a beamer as if my luck couldn't get any better

Reaction score
Country
Ive had to jump on the breaks in my car, and im glad i have good pads all round beefed up front breaks, stops rather quickly, how close were you following and what speed?

Reaction score
Country
i blame my brakes really just came out of a roundabout going about 40km/hr was real far behind about 30m slammed on the brakes about 15m behind and it just wouldn't stop not sure why my brakes were so bad i thought they were supposed to be pretty good considering they're slotted discs and what not. first crash ever pretty disappointed that it was a real pathetic one

Reaction score
Yes, it can if the seal is gone. Put a Nismo one on, they hold higher pressure Oh, and Spoony, I drive my wife nuts for many reasons, but hey, that's my job as a man...;)

Reaction score
Country
1.3 bar is ideal for your setup as you dont have a paper type head gasket, so the higher pressure will never blow that, i just brought a nismo on from RHD for like $30 but any 1.3 will work as long as its new, and is designed to fit your radiator

Reaction score
Country
Yes, it can if the seal is gone. Put a Nismo one on, they hold higher pressure Oh, and Spoony, I drive my wife nuts for many reasons, but hey, that's my job as a man...;)
fair call, they drive us nuts, so year, gota get our own back at some stage

Reaction score
Country
well with a bit of monitoring the power fc all the time i've found out the temp sky rockets when im stationary. Even idling it does very strange, as soon as im driving and its getting air flow to the radiator it drops quick. Somethings not right anyone know what the problem could be?

Reaction score
Country
do you have the stock fan thats bolted to the water pump or do you have aftermarket electric fans. Basically are they coming on?

Reaction score
Country
they might just be wired off the stock auxiliary fan wire with stock temp settings, of something like on at 95C off at 85C im sure OZ will correct me on these numbers too...

if they are just a cheap nasty fan setup thats just cable tied to the rad with no shroud then dont expect great things. If you thrash the crap out of your car it will make lots of heat especially bigger turbos and lots more boost, so too compensate you need to improve your cars ability to remove that heat, larger rad which you have, a really good fan setup with shroud, a oil cooler, look at how the air is getting into your engine bay is it going through the radiator or around it, which is shy cars from the factory have a lot of bits of plastic in there to direct air flow, a good example is the tray the goes from where your intercooler is to the sump that helps alot of air to go through the radiator. this is why you see heaps of silvias with the stock fan and shroud