What's new

air leaks?where to check its driving me mad.

Reaction score
Country
right so ive got a air leak because when i put my foot down i can hear a high pitch noise which is a air leak i took my dump valve off because i thought the t-piece on the bore was too big which it was and replaced it was the original pipe i had which is now the right size and tight but i cant figure out where its coming from :( its not running right once i put my foot down and i think its because of this leak and i general i just need to sort it .any ideas or anyone had this?

Reaction score
Country
Its a nightmare to find boost leaks. I thought my setup was fine until i went for remapping and Greg @ PROTUNER found a whole bunch of leaks. He has a smoke machine that charges pressures into your boost pipes and where the smoke escapes, shows you where the leaks lie. Great simple but effective process. Hes based in Redditch, near Birmingham. Amazing guy

Reaction score
Country
really thats what i could do with but thats so far away from me :( its a nightmare

Reaction score
Country
dude, go to a plumbing shop for blanks, and a tire shop for a tire valve, buy PVC drain pipe blanks, one that fits the bit of silicone just before your throttle body, and the other just after where the stock AFM goes, drill a hole in the one before the turbo and put the tire valve in it. Put a bolt or something in the blow-by hose coming from the rocker cover, now without any other noise to drown out a boost leak, get your compressor and SLOWLY pressurize the entire system, don't go past 20psi as you are putting pressure on your turbo seals and will make the stock rubber inlet hose swell like crazy. Its the best way to ensure your entire system is leak free. Best still its cheap as, bits cost me $20 that's 9GBP.

Reaction score
Country
nice one.ive found out literally up the road from me the garage i know does this anyway :D but il bear all this in mind cheers mate.hopefully some leaks show up and it solves all this.