What's new

Exhaust S14a on S15

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

I am looking at several possibilities to change my exhaust because I do not like the kakimoto i have right now, it sticks out too much.

I noticed that the exhaust from the S14a and S15 are very similar.

Are the interfaces at the same location or it there a real difference in the length of the pipes, diameters and position of the rubber mounts.

At first sight, it looks really like both stock exhaust lines S15 and S14a are identical, but I am not sure, it is just based on pictures.

Can someone provide me the information?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There is definitely a difference is in the cat length, and that an S14 cat-back is different in some way as they are always marketed differently.
S14/S15 elbows and downpipes are interchangeable, but not S14a's are as they have a cat mid-way through
An S15 cat is 315mm, the S14's larger but size unknown. (I actually got my 315mm sports cat off a Skyline)
Exhaust pipe wise I know people have put S14 cat-backs on S15's but it makes the exhaust tip poke out further, maybe your existing exhaust is for an S14?

Reaction score
Country
No, my muffler is a kind of straight pipe look alike kakimoto for S15, but I don't like the look of it. I would like to replace by something like an Apexi N1 or similar, but looking at pics of exhausts, I noticed that the anchoring brackets look pretty similar between S14, S14a and S15, that's why I ask the question.

I look for something non stock but that does not stick out like mine now because cops look at me, and hear me hehe!!

this is an S15 exhaust:
http://firesport.com.au/images/207000_2012021827.jpg

http://www.uniquecars.com.au/pricelists/General/Silvia Parts/hitech200exhaust.jpg

This one is from an S14:

http://importnut.net/lee240/exhaust/240exhaust_10.JPG

The reason why I opened this topic is because parts for s15 are harder to find than the parts for s14 and s14a, and if I can fit for example an apexi N1 or similar on my S15, I like it because they are easier to find ;)

Reaction score
Country
just get a custom, body hugging mild steel one made up, heaps of road clearance 3" mandrel bent, up to you on flexi location, muffler location, cat location....... all the bla bla too like much better sound then stainless, last longer, less heat bleed off all of that stuff.... start from the dump pipe, im going to get rid of the HKS hi power ive got and do that as im sick of hitting bumps and having a freaking great cannon out the back, ive already got a custom mild steel front section that goes from the dump to the rear section and its brilliant. Next is a rear section with a high flow twin tip muffler at the back, same flow same noise just not so "look at the look at the boy racer kind of thing"

Jap exhaust systems on public roads are about as functional as trying to take a fat woman tango dancing, its going to cost heaps, last a short while before you have issues and really piss you off

Last edited: