What's new

questions questions help please

Reaction score
Country
Ok guys a few things im wanting to know some confusing things with my car. First of all on stone cold start up not all the time but sometimes my fan will come on? very weird not sure why. Second when im low on fuel and my fuel light comes on and i turn a corner i will have no power its like the fuels not getting picked up and even if i have foot hard down it wont get going again for about 3 seconds very very annoying. And last if im driving and going to change down a gear and leave my foot on the clutch for about 2 seconds the car will turn off everytime. I think this has something to do with the problem i had where my car would just randomly die when coming to a stop. if you guys know anything please help

Reaction score
Country
Regarding the low fuel running you may actually be so low on fuel that the pump is struggling to pick it up when it sloshes about in the tank especially if you have an uprated pump and sock fitted as they don't always hang as low. . I'd recommend not running the car do low that the light comes on tbh.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I agree with the above. When I first fitted my uprated fuel pump with the sock I would get the same cornering power loss, even before the fuel light! So I swapped back to the old sock and it works perfectly fine again.

My car has randomly died when coming to a stop too. I thought it might have been an AFM problem, so took it out and zapped it with some brake cleaner. Didn't really work. Have also heard about the Idle Air Control Valve needing re-adjusting after fitting a FMIC. There is a plastic screw in it, maybe try turning that 1/8 to 1/4 turn out so a bit more air gets through when you close the throttle.

Reaction score
Country
the fan could come on due to things like is your AC on? are you running the viscous fan or have you got a electric setup? if so how is the setup controlled? ECU or something else like a fan controller?
pull your fuel pump and check the thing over look at the position its in on the cradle and look at other photos to see if its sitting right, look at the socks connection just give your fuel system a good check over. That clutch in turn off thing could be something to do with your BOV is it re-circed or does it vent to atmo?. If the car was tuned to have the BOV vented air still in the system and its not getting it it will have a incorrect reading for air fuel and idle (coming from load) and will stall due to too much fuel, this is assuming you have a AFM, is you car tuned with one or have you got a map sensor in the intake manifold?