What's new

a problem i really need to find out what it is

Reaction score
Country
right its hard to explain but here we go.basically when i put my foot down sometimes the turbo doesnt seem to come in i thought my clutch was going but it revs up fine and still moves yet its boosting fine but sometimes nothing happens with the turbo and i cant figure it out.

for example i pulled out in 1st gear put my foot down it revs up but the turbo wont really come in.

any idea what is causing this??? as its driving me mad and i need it sorted asap.

also other times itl be completely fine and drive fine just now and then itl do this.so confusing

Reaction score
Country
bypass your boost control device and run the hose directly too your actuator then go for a run and see if the turbo comes on, it wont hit hard and fast as pre TB pressure is now controlling it, to see if you boost controller is faulty, check your BOV to see if its stuck open......... or better still block off your intercooler pipe just before your TB, then right back just after the AFM or air filter put another blank in and make a way of pressuring the entire system to see if you have any leaks, you will have to block off the rocker cover blow by as well. with the engine not running you will be able to hear every little leak, and see if your BOV is being gay or you actuator is letting go well before it should... make sense (dont go higher then 20psi)

If it revs up it wont be your AFM (assuming you still have one)

take off your turbo intake pipe and check to see if the comprssor wheel, core and exhaust wheel are all turning freely maybe

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the reply.i still have a AFM as i got another one off someone off here which solved other problems.was thinking of getting a new actuator to see if that was it but my mate said they either work or they dont but im kind of thinking it is that.its a nightmare honestly and embaressing when you put your foot down and it doesnt do alot haha yet makes all the noise.the BOV sounds at the right time and doesnt sound like its staying open .its only running 16psi at the moment

Reaction score
Country
Check your actuator arm on the turbo isn't coming away. Unlikely as it isn't normally intermittent but its worth a check.

Reaction score
Country
would there be any chance my turbo is on its way out?because ino it would smoke if it was and its not atall .proper doing my head in.ive got it booked in end of this month to have litereally everything checked over because i cant have it mapped while its like this.