What's new

Engine damper

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys I got myself a engine damper but I was wondering would it be better to have the damper on top of the strut bar or should it go underneath it??
I was thinking under the strut bar myself just wanted to ask opinons

F

FLY 200

Under,Under,Under

Definately under mate,let us know how much of a difference you think it makes :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh will do need to sort out the water return pipe first hehe then comes the nismo strut bar and nismo clear side repeaters...soon still waiting for it HKS ssqbov

P

Purpleline

yes..underneath. There is no way for u to put it top(I think). U got the one fm HPI? I got that for 3yrs, its good..less engine vibration..I think its function like the strengthen engine mounts but easy for DIY ;)

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
sushiming said:
yes i know
normal just a small box doesnt get Tax damit
Let's not talk about customs 'lest I rant and rave. Suffice to say my RLTC has been sitting in a customs warehouse in moscow for a few weeks now... I don't have an issue with payment, but they need about 4000 documents all signed and notarized that claim that ownership has transferrred from the vendor to the buyer, that the car is mine and that it is for my personal use (not that it makes any difference - the duty will be the same), that I am legally allowed to stay in the country, = next they'll need a vaccination certificate I expect. I hate UPS and DHL - they always cause these bloody problems - the post office is much easier, they hold your package, you go to the post office, you sign a form, you pay a 'small contribution' and leave with package :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh DHL always have Vat for some stupid reason....duno why ppl use them...i had to pay Vat on my HID but lucky I was sharing with someone so didnt mean much more....

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
haha they the expensive ones i got mine for about 45pound i think and 22pounds vat and holding fee so about near ?70 :cry:

P

Purpleline

its very simple thing..actually rubber inside the damper...not oil...or even gas. any brands are OK..I disassemble mine & check b4...haha.I know ..so stupid top do that but I juts want to know what inside :p ... :D
U could DIY one w/ gas damper like the one in your trunk lid ;)