What's new

GTX2867r actuator problem

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hi gents (and ladies)

I want to use my old HKS actuator on my new turbo, BUT the bracket doesn't fit as the compressor assembly is totally different to the standard one, and GT2871r, so I am having to buy a new bracket, and probably actuator.

The guys I got the turbo off can't get the Garrett 1 bar actuator, can only get 0.5 bar! Alot less than what I want. Can my AVCR still use that 0.5bar actuator and use it normally to give me lots lots more boost?

Max

Reaction score
Country
Have you tried frsport/Mazworx in the US? As long as the parts don't get stuck in customs it really doesn't take much longer to arrive if at all.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, it is Mazworx i'm getting it through. I think it is Garrett that are out of stock :s

They have just told me that the GTX2867r one is the same as a GT2871r, I'm hoping it is straight arm then hopefully I am sorted with the HKS one that was used on the GT28R (just require a new bracket)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
You could try places like Owen developments over here dude or turbo dynamics sure they stock these

Reaction score
Country
im sure your EBC can hold that thing closed till needed, or is your solenoid old?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It is used, but sure there is nothing wrong with it.
In that case am I better off with a lower bar rated actuator than a higher one? I was going for the 1 bar one but that is out of stock

Reaction score
Country
providing your solenoid can hold closed, as in 100% closed until it gets told to open then any actuator below your desired pressure will be fine, in my case i have the HKS actuator and im still fine tuning my EBC duty and gain response settings, and am having to lower the actuators firmness to allow the EBC to have the final say on when it expels the excess boost. However if you have a crappy EBC or a worn out solenoid then the actuator can act as a boost control as some solenoids will get forced open a little as boost winds up and a quality actuator can stay properly closed until opens at your desired boost level. Its up you but on my set up I come on max boost very very quickly and good response is what we all want

Reaction score
Country
sorry forgot to add, and this is kind of important too.... where is my brain...... the pressure put on the wastegate flap by the turbo exhaust fan also tries to force it open once above the stated pressure that the spring in the actuator can hold as you are boosting, which is where having the adjustable one helps hold it closed... or have a higher rated spring, the adjustable ones work well by just winding the arm shorted to exert more force against the waste gate opening (by compressing the spring) its like faking having a stiffer actuator spring.