What's new

S14 clutch and flywheel in a Z33 gearbox :P

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Hi there,

Little brainteaser. I am doing the Z33 gearbox conversion for my S15 spec R and got most parts now. But what remains is the clutch setup. On teh internetz they are not sure, or not giving complete awnsers. The guy who supplied me the adapterplate and transmission x-member, told me to source a S14 style clutch and flywheel. I know the S15 dual-mass flywheel would be to thick, but does a S14 flywheel fit to?

The supplier of the clutch mentioned that IF I fit the S14 clutch and flywheel, the flywheel bolts would be to long? :confused:

Please enlighten me with your knowledge, as the search didnt not help me.

Reaction score
Country
you kind of answered your question dude, If the S15 DMF is too thick then using S15 flywheel bolts on the thinner S14 SMF wont work as they will hit the back of the crank before tightening up on the fly. Just get a set of ARP S14 ones, never really a good idea to re use those bolts

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Right, was afraid of that lol. But thanks alot! Clutches and sorts arent my forté :)

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Will do mate! Was thinking of doing a sort of howto. Still waiting for parts to come in, but when I start putting stuff together ill make pics and a brief description :)

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
If case you we're wondering, I havent got around finishing this up. Customs "captured" my items from the USA 2 times now, and that took a few weeks to be settled. Now I still have to wait untill customs clears my items.. After I recieve all my parts, I will make the How To, tho you can use this as well http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/10161-S15-gearbox-conversion-to-Z33-6-speed :)