What's new

engine knock? engine light?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys so i've recently noticed my engine light coming on under high boost its not always on only when it gets to peak boost of whatever setting its on. I have 4 different boost settings lowest being 14psi highest 20psi. I've got to say this worries me I don't really have any idea why it's doing this. Thought it might be the engine knocking. Could it be something in the tune not right? what do I do about it. Car is 330hp with factory internals. Also it flickers on and off it's not a constant light on.

Reaction score
Country
If you have an apex'I pfc then certain things can be set as warnings that cause the engine management light to flash in rapid succession. Knock is one of these things, I believe it will flash once a knock reading of 40 out of 100 has been reached.

Reaction score
Yes, more then likely high knock levels which could mean its leaning out in the top end. It can also be set off if your injectors are maxing out or your airflow meter is maxing but not as common. The light does flicker when any of those reading are high.

Do you have a Power FC hand controller?

Reaction score
In your basic settings menu you have a "Monitor" mode. Hi light that and hit next and it will give you a menu of things like boost, injector duty, knock, airflow, volts,speed etc. Highlight about 8 of them and hit next. You can by using the up and down arrows monitor either real time or peak readings.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't push it as it means the car isn't happy, take it to a mapper to get it checked out.. I've got a power FC and my ECU light flashed before now and it was of a high knock reading.

Reaction score
Country
That'll be your problem there then, high knock levels setting the sensor off, I think it goes off at 40. As previously mentioned, could be a tune problem. Or even something loose banging around in the engine bay can be considered knock by the sensor which is essentially a sensitive microphone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suggest you get it tuned, sounds like it's leaning out, a knock reading of 62 at 5800, which is just above mid range, is way to high. 20 would be more acceptable.

Reaction score
Country
take it too D tech but expect to pay lots and lots, or go to CDM and get the same thing and pay way less, both are in tauranga, you are only going for a dyno run to see what the map looks like so contact either of them and see what you can do