What's new

1.4 bar too much?

Reaction score
Country
Ok so I just figured out how to use my electronic boost controller on my new s15. And it has 4 different boost settings the highest setting being 1.4 bar which by guessing is about 17psi? it has fully stock internals just wondering is this too much is something gonna go bang. I very rarely have it on this high only if i wanna do a good launch or some other boy racers up my ass and i say cya later. Also car has had a real good tune but not sure if its getting too much for stock internals.

Reaction score
Country
nar dude 1.4 is fine the internals will handle it this is where a better head gasket and head studs come in, you have go that, it would have been tuned to run on that boost setting, so dont worry about it

Reaction score
Country
oh yea sweet. well in other news wof and service due for me whats best oil for us in nz. and any idea what needs to be done at 120,000kms besides oil. I need an owners manual for this stuff.

Reaction score
Country
have you got any upgrades or is the car standard? without supporting mods and a map your engine will be running lean as fuark

Reaction score
Country
Running the same as mine.
I've ran 1.6bar for a bit too. Don't worry, just change oil often.
140,000 miles on mine too

Reaction score
Country
something that is designed to withstand heat for longer is a good start, its really up to you dude

Reaction score
Country
Silkolene Pro (now known as Fuchs Titan)

Can't go wrong, I'm running 1.5bar

Reaction score
Garret 2876R and standard cams
Hmmm, do you know what the rear housing is .86 or.64? is it a bit laggy?

Not the best turbo for an SR, infact probably one of Garrett's worse.Not a good match compressor to turbine,500hp compressor with a 330hp turbine, what's the point of getting more air in if you can't get it out. Thats why you have to run high boost in them to get response.

Reaction score
Country
I have the 2871r 0.64 housing .
it's not really laggy. The spool is good and hard and is one of the best turbos for this car.
without cams you will see close to 400bhp with supporting mods. All of the sxoc run these turbo's .
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Reaction score
Country
I have the 2871r 0.64 housing .
it's not really laggy. The spool is good and hard and is one of the best turbos for this car.
without cams you will see close to 400bhp with supporting mods. All of the sxoc run these turbo's .
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Same mate.
Had this on my s14a on standard internals and it made 316bhp at 1.1 bar with the standard AFM and SAFC.

On the 15 I've got the same but with PFC making 355bhp at 1.5bar.

Not laggy if your hitting it right.
T28r was more responsive at lower revs for sure but the pull is no where near as hard.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Auss is talking about the 2876 which is a completely different tubby to the 2871 and is in fact pretty pants lol
The 2871 is great on an sr20 and what I will be getting for mine

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Auss is talking about the 2876 which is a completely different tubby to the 2871 and is in fact pretty pants lol
2871 is great on an sr20 and what I will be getting for mine
I see.... Should've read it properly before wading in lol!