What's new

ORC Clutch info

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Hiya

Yet another clutch thread :)

Can some one explain the difference between the following??

ORC - 409DSB-02N5
Nissan Silvia S15 SR20DET Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached

and
ORC - 409D-02N5
Nissan Silvia S15 SR20DET Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper attached

What the heck is the difference between Silent & Noise Type and Standard?

For thos that have purchased the ORC kits, are flywheel bolts included or are they a seperate purchase from Nissan?

Ta Muchly

J.

Reaction score
I'm unsure what the differences are, but with regards to the flywheel bolts, I know ORC supply their own as the shank on the bolts is longer than the standard ones due to the thicker flywheel.

Reaction score
Country
organic - ceramic - carbon setup of some kind?? just a guess dont hold me too it, but they give different noises,

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Cheers guys.. :D

I have emailed a few folk on this aswell including Nengun, RHD and Greenline so hopefully one of them will confirm whats what.

My "Guess" is the the Silent & Noise Type is actually the quiet one and the "standard" one is just that, normal. Just that calling something Silent & noisy in the same discription does kinda confuse things a tad!! We shall see what replies I get back anyways ans shall post up findings :)

Cheers

J.

Reaction score
Country
According to perfectrun.jp, it doesnt come with flywheel bolts

There's 4 models available just to make things more interesting

ORC-409-02N5 Standard type
ORC-409S-02N5 Silent type
ORC-409D-02N5 Standard type with Damper springs
ORC-409DS-02N5 Silent type with Damper springs

Google translate from the ORC website which doesnt make sense:
Type as an option to suppress noise.
Pressed against the pressure plate by installing the coil spring, we have to reduce the vibration.
In addition, it is easy to return to the pressure plate covered by this spring,
Has improved the clutch also "Out of."
(You can select each single twin clutch) damper-less type with excellent response in the event of meat

An emphasis on the operation, has adopted a standard type disc with the damper,
Damper-less as an option for those who pursue a higher response in the event of meat.
Feel more direct transmission can be obtained.
Note Starting with damper, damper-less clutch half is severe.
(Optional on some models Single Clutch 409 series) μ disc types with enhanced high safety factor more

subzero

Reaction score
well ive an orc in my track car and when you push down the clutch petal the clutch whines like crazy , pretty cool tho never knew there was noisey and silent , ive only ever heard noise boyos .

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
And just to add more to this... :) Nengun List 6 of them!!! :)

ORC - 409-02N5 S15 Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not attached
ORC - 409B-02N5 S15 Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not Attached
ORC - 409D-02N5 S15 Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper attached
ORC - 409DSB-02N5 Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached
ORC - 409SB-02N5 Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not Attached
ORC - 409DB-02N5 S15 Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached

Its easy to get this down to Damper springs or not.. And as I want um then that leaves:

ORC - 409D-02N5 S15 Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper attached
ORC - 409DSB-02N5 Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached
ORC - 409DB-02N5 S15 Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached

From that I would guess that ORC - 409DSB-02N5 is the silent one.... I think :)

Have also asked about flywheel bolts just to confirm.

Cheers again

J.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@phonzsilvany
Hi guys. I know this thread is a bit old but for anyone still needing clarification on the different types of the S15 ORC 409 models I've written up a detailed summary below for easy understanding and future convenience for other members in choosing the right model.

I haven't included the recently released "409 SE" models in this list however. If anyone would like me to include those, let me know and I'll write up a separate model summary for that model also.

================================================== =
ORC 409-02N5 S15 Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not attached - no clutch damper springs, no pressure plate silence springs
ORC 409D-02N5 S15 Standard Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper attached - includes clutch damper springs, no pressure plate silence springs
ORC 409B-02N5 S15 Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not Attached - high friction disk, no clutch damper springs, no pressure plate silence springs
ORC 409DB-02N5 S15 Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached - high friction disk, includes clutch damper springs, no pressure plate silence springs
ORC 409SB-02N5 S15 Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Not Attached - high friction disk, no clutch damper springs, includes pressure plate silence springs
ORC 409DSB-02N5 S15 Silent & Noise Type Clutch (Flywheel included) Damper Attached - high friction disk, includes clutch damper springs, includes pressure plate silence springs

FYI, the ORC 409 S15 models do not come with flywheel bolts inside the package, you’ll need to use S15 OEM dual-mass flywheel bolts.

‘B’ model code denotes it includes a high friction disk which supports a higher torque load rating. It’s also slightly grabbier than non ‘B’ models with this type of disk however and juggling traffic driving can take some getting used to. Standard friction disk type is rated 400ps/420nm, high friction disk type is rated 400ps/450nm (as per ORC Japan website)

‘S’ model code denotes it includes silencing springs on the outer edge of the flywheel which helps with minimising the metallic rattling/chattering that’s prevalent in floating type clutch designs such as the ORC 409 during clutch disengagement (depressed). However, you may still notice some light chattering from time to time as it won’t guarantee a completely silent operation.

‘D’ model code denotes that the clutch plate is a non-solid type and includes inner clutch springs to help dampen the torque transfer shock load. If you’re using an unopened, factory 6spd gearbox and drive the car regularly then I highly recommend this model if you want your gearbox to live a somewhat easier life.