What's new

boost problems.

Reaction score
Country
Ah finally found the problem. it was the vac hose for the boost gauge got a nasty slit on the hose. replaced it and back too 1 bar boost :thumbs:

did'nt see it the first time i checked. At least i don't have too take out the turbo now

so much better now too drive :p

thanks guy's for your help.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
My car reads about -3 ish on idle, what is the 'Norm'?
I haven't driven my S15 for several months now. But from memory I think my stock gauge read about -5 on idle :confused:

Reaction score
Country
OOH -3 at idle looks sus....

would check the original boost sensor vac hose feed. it does get brittle with age.

it should read -5 at idle.

P

paulphot

I just fitted my new bov and now I'm lucky to hit 5psi whereas before I was getting 9-11 on spiking. Took off manual boost controller and re-fitted factory solenoid......no change. I don't know about ic pipe leaking, I get some pretty nasty tractor mod from compression loss when a hose comes off......lots of black smoke out exhaust as well. I also got lots of flutter and have wound the tension in the bov all the way to full soft. It has helped a bit but still no boost. Bloody Car. Hopefully I'll be getting a dyno assesment next week to tell me what is going on. I have heard the problem could be wastegate flutter but not sure. I'll let you know after the assesment. Also getting lots of backfiring when changing gears. Bloody Car :mad:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Sounds like the BOV is leaking. To set it optimally, you need to wind it out to the point just before the engine stalls. Alternatively, do it properly and fit a recirculating BOV :p

My controller reads -62 kPa at idle.

P

paulphot

My BOV is fully plumback and I read from 25 to 30 inches of mercury vacuum which it did from day 1. I can't wind the bov back anymore otherwise the cap comes off and it's a bugger to get back on......especially in a car park when the engine is hot from on road testing :p

Reaction score
if your running any aftermarket bov the more boost you run the further in the screw has to be (clockwise) the less boost you run the further out the screw should be (anti-clockwise)