What's new

Brake upgrade.

Reaction score
Country
Hi, been wondering, has anybody fitted, or tried fitting Subaru impreza 4pot caliper to an s15? They 'look' very similar.... One of my pistons have seized, but a local chaps selling Subaru ones....
Any help would be greatful...

I have asked if I could try them, but he didn't seem too keen..... Surprise surprise....

Thanks.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
They don't fit mate. I've tried, the mounting point are alot wider apart. And the disc thickness is different.

The pistons are the same though, so if they are cheap enough then buy them for a piston. Otherwise go onto DB POWER website a new piston on their is £20 and a rebuild seal kit is £15.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I have Subaru STI Bembos on mine. The last owner fitted them but he did have to do some fabrication work to get them on.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info s15_sam.

That's interesting s15ak... Is it just a bracket? Any chance next time u have a wheel... No rush obvs... For a photo.

Regards.

Reaction score
Country
yep, all RB's/Z's/S types brakes are interchangeable keeping certain disks with certain calipers obviously, just dig up threads on here which talk about what you should and should not to so as not to stuff up your cars brake balance too much

Reaction score
Country
Really appreciate the Info!! Cheers!!! Found a set of front brembos on eBay from a gtr... Very tempting....

squeral

Reaction score
Country
350z front Brembo's and disc's go on easilly, you just have to drill the mounting hole's out to m14 rather than the standard m12. You can pick them up for reasonable money too now that there are a few 350's breaking. I bought the full front and rear setup's in the weekend for 300 quid! :)

squeral

Reaction score
Country
I already have the rear z32/skyline conversion and the disc's fit straight on, obviously i just need to bend the backing plates flat because the disc's are 322mm. The mounting holes in the calipers are spaced slightly further apart than the holes in the hubs so they need to be modified, db-power offer that service. So for anyone with standard rear brakes its z32 conversion and get calipers modded.

Reaction score
Country
Could you not get the backing plate for hand brake mechanism, then the caliper goes straight on. Then you've got independent hydraulic and hand brake systems which apparently is better.

squeral

Reaction score
Country
The z32 conversion does have the backing plate for handbrake mechanism, so you have a caliper and separate drum handbrake. The z32 caliper goes straight on but the 350z caliper does not.