What's new

anyone know the best plugs and coils to get?

Reaction score
Country
as the tittle says id like to know the best place to get the best plugs and coils from if possible :)?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
plugs are personal preference really and depends what power you are running, and can get them from anywhere. As for coil packs I'd say Splitfires are the best, Ebay or Apex Performance can get them in.

Reaction score
Country
ive got the plugs now.got a set of denso's which ive been told are good :).so called i already have splitfires on my car,how can i tell?

strange because some nights my car plays up and wont drive properly then last night it was spot on :S

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
They are blue, and should have splitfire written on them if you take a look.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Me too, pretty much every mechanic/drifter I have spoken to say the oem coilpacks are the way to go. I use NGK iridiums in mine they are decent...

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I have splitfires awesome, may be buying some new spark plugs this month if people have any recommendations?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Me too, pretty much every mechanic/drifter I have spoken to say the oem coilpacks are the way to go. I use NGK iridiums in mine they are decent...
I would of gone OEM again but they worked out more expensive than the splitfires :/

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
And don't work on S15 according to the advert! Lol. They would work with a S14 rocker cover fitted as the mounting is different.

Also spark plugs are mostly dependant on boost levels and tune. I run ngk copper bcpr7es plugs with them gapped down to 0.75 as they cost £7 for 4 and I replace them every 5000 miles when I do my oil. My car is running 1.2 bar of boost though and I don't like iridiums. Coppers are generally safer!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
And don't work on S15 according to the advert! Lol. They would work with a S14 rocker cover fitted as the mounting is different.

Also spark plugs are mostly dependant on boost levels and tune. I run ngk copper bcpr7es plugs with them gapped down to 0.75 as they cost £7 for 4 and I replace them every 5000 miles when I do my oil. My car is running 1.2 bar of boost though and I don't like iridiums. Coppers are generally safer!
Once mapped i will be running around 1.2-1.3bar of boost, would they be okay now running at 0.7bar. Think mine could do with a change.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
i know haha, but if buying for proper prices Nissan quoted ridicules price for the standard OEM.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Once mapped i will be running around 1.2-1.3bar of boost, would they be okay now running at 0.7bar. Think mine could do with a change.

If your running standard boost then a higher gap plug would be best as its better for your idle rpm. Lots of people run the ngk iridium with a 1.1 gap so that would be ok for stock boost! Depends how often you wanna get your hands dirty to change them. Iridiums would be every 20k easily. Where as coppers is every 5k

subzero

Reaction score
leave the coil pack cover off the engine and it should help them ,keep heat down and all that , but then youve to watch out for water going on them depending on your bonnet.

Reaction score
Country
leave the coil pack cover off the engine and it should help them ,keep heat down and all that , but then youve to watch out for water going on them depending on your bonnet.
dust & moisture kills before heat, so i leave my cover on